• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Well, we had another visitor last night. Name ends with Le Pew. Wish me luck.

hugymubu.jpg

3umurezy.jpg
    DK Firearms

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Hold a blanket, tarp, whatever in front of yourself as you approach.

IOW, glad it's you instead of me :)

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    Hold a blanket, tarp, whatever in front of yourself as you approach.

IOW, glad it's you instead of me

G-man's got it right that is how I done it but make make sure to leave a little up so you can see where they are . Wait for them to calm down(in my case there were 2 of them) so as you dispatch one the other is bombing you,the blanket wet or dry will protect you more than you think cuz your still going to smell like a pole-cat. you may want to use a .22 rifle than a pistol/rev I used a 10'' bbl markII. Head shots are best, if not several showers are in yer future.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Well, we tried the tarp approach, but Pepe sprayed anyway. Good thing I was wearing old clothes. Will other animals come back after I clean the trap, or does his scent scare them off?

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Well, we tried the tarp approach, but Pepe sprayed anyway. Good thing I was wearing old clothes. Will other animals come back after I clean the trap, or does his scent scare them off?

Nope. Just hose it off the best you can. The smell actually will mask human sent which puts some animals off. I did a lot of such trapping when I was a kid, and after a skunk got into my trap, it seemed like just about every critter around had no issue wondering in the wooden box trap I used. Although I must say, none of the skunks ever let loose in the trap.

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county

I did it as a favor to the old JP and his wife .Come to find out after all was said n done the trap he had used belonged to LCSD I don't know what they did with the trap once they got it back.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    BOOM!

Got lucky tonight. Alarm just tripped and I checked the trap cams from my iPhone. A customer in each! Plus, there are 3 goons on the outside trying to jailbreak them. Hope the traps last until morning.

He who reaps that which he does not sow will someday pay the consequences!

aga9eru5.jpg

tete3aba.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Put sturdy clothing on. Cover yourself in peanut butter. Crawl to area of known activity. Lie motionless and breath shallowly. When the raccoon attacks, grab it and snap it's neck.

Top Bottom