• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I would assume that if you are out hog hunting without a license during deer season a GW is going to suspect that you are trying to poach a deer.

You may not be but it sure looks bad.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Doesn't really matter. It's pretty much word for word what at least two Game wardens have personally told me. I'll just stick with real-world and listen to the guys that write the tickets if you don't mind.

It is one thing to make a personal choice at your ranch based on information from the two GWs who will likely be called to your property.

IT IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT to give that advice to someone else across the Internet, when the advice is clearly contrary to the law as it is written.

Marlowe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    out in the boonies
    It is one thing to make a personal choice at your ranch based on information from the two GWs who will likely be called to your property.

IT IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT to give that advice to someone else across the Internet, when the advice is clearly contrary to the law as it is written.
    It really doesn't matter what is written: that's a pretty standard criteria by which the game wardens of this state make the judgement: I'm not the only one on this thread who has been "exposed" to said criteria, so I doubt very seriously that it's an isolated incident on the two game wardens, in different parts of the state, whom have offered me the same principle in response to pointed questions on the subject. If you'd like to argue that with them, go ahead.

There's other issues involved here, including just WHO is hunting/killing the hogs and where; you've got one set of rules for landowners and their agents, another for "hunters", non-game animal vs. free-ranging livestock, etc.: you can beat this particular dead pig until it's a red spot in the dirt. The fact remains that it's those game wardens who are charged with sorting out the differences and applicability of said laws, and it's probably fairly safe to just go with what they tell you..

Top Bottom