• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

After owning the Ruger PCC for a year, the only advantage of this type is that when traveling we need only one kind of magazine & cartridge for several defensive weapons.

I don’t minimize the value of that commonality.

The regular AR’s are as easy to handle, have better ballistics, and are more readily customizable.

One complaint: I surely wish that Ruger hadn’t put their big red logo on the outside of the take-down carry case ! Some hotels don’t like guns, but when I can’t avoid them, I carry it anyway.

The MSRP on the Henry ‘’Homesteader’’ seemed way too high for me.

Some of the newer ‘’folders’’ look interesting.

<>
    Guns International

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Did you see HO's opinion of P320? Seriously, that man lol.
    Did you see the video of his new out of the box Homesteader failing at every turn. Then the second chance video after he got it back “fixed”?

And no, did not see his opinion on the 320 because it is not a gun I am even remotely interested in.

Henry makes good lever guns. They should stick to that market.

pfflyer55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2022
    Texas
    Did you see the video of his new out of the box Homesteader failing at every turn. Then the second chance video after he got it back “fixed”?

And no, did not see his opinion on the 320 because it is not a gun I am even remotely interested in.

Henry makes good lever guns. They should stick to that market.
    For every HO critical review there are several very good reviews. Don’t much focus on him. I’m dying to get my Homesteader on the range tomorrow morning. Feels great looks even better.

pfflyer55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2022
    Texas
    Love my Homesteader, a precise plinker at 25+yards. Comfortable and absolutely no failures. She’s a beauty!

Attachments

• IMG_3222.jpeg
      IMG_3222.jpeg
      357.5 KB · Views: 50

pfflyer55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2022
    Texas
    View attachment 372927 View attachment 372926 View attachment 372928 View attachment 372925

I need one to pair with my Omega 36M. Optional Glock, M&P or Henry proprietary magwells
    I got The one with the Glock Maxwell, great plinking gun. under $800.00 new in box. fantastic sights beautiful looking finish, Henry has it right on this one.

zaitcev

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2019
    Austin, Texas, U.S.A.
    My Homesteader seems reliable, but I only tested it at an indoor range. It remains to be seen how it behaves when it's freezing and out in the elements.

Since we're at it, do you notice ... anything ... unusual:

x01_ha9b_p14_2.jpg

:p

Reactions: MTA

zaitcev

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2019
    Austin, Texas, U.S.A.
    Rear peep sight?
    Close, but no, it's the sight with which it came out of the box.

I suppose I might've asked for too much. In case of AR-15, someone can immediately say, "this is a Magpul grip" or "this is a B5 stock". But Henry is too uncommon, people cannot tell without comparing painstakingly with the official photos.

Also, I didn't assign a prize.

I'm attaching the same image in a better resolution.

Attachments

• x01_ha9b_p14_1.jpg
      x01_ha9b_p14_1.jpg
      213.8 KB · Views: 43

zaitcev

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2019
    Austin, Texas, U.S.A.
    Is that a 10 round Beretta mag?
    It's an old M9 pattern 15 round magazine, before they were replaced with "sand resistant" mags that have a thin crease. These 15-rounders only had the oval indentation that you can see, which straightened the spring as it compressed. The 10-round magazine has a similar large indentation, which extends almost the whole length of the side. I have all of these major types of Beretta 92 magazine in the library, as necessary for the development.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I generally like Henry rifles but that thing looks like a cross between a rifle and a mailbox.
    But at least Henry is not afraid to use wood in thier guns.
    When the Ruger PCC came out I was disapointed that Ruger had not only used a plastic stock, but a butt ugly one at that.
    I said at that time that if Ruger would do one in wood, I might be tempted.
    I have not bought the Homesteader, mainly because I don't really see a need for a 9mm carbine, but at least it looks better than the original Ruger PCC.

Top Bottom