• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Jesse Jackson said this morning that this will help bring back the assault weapons ban.

Never let a good crisis go to waste.

Speaking of which, Jackson and all the other riot fomenters out there are only ever focused on white-on-black crime, as opposed to the slaughter that actually takes place wth black-on-black crime. For example, according to the most recent statistics by the Department of Justice from 2005, the truth about crimes are:

* Black people account for 13% of the U.S. population yet they are 49% of all murder victims

* 93% of all blacks murdered were killed by other blacks, the other 7% were killed by whites, latinos, etc.

Those numbers beg one simple question: Where is the outrage in the black community? They're slaughtering themselves and no one appears to give a rip unless an incident can be pursued for the actual or alleged reason of racism.
    Target Sports

Domineaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Houston
    Yeah folks are latching on to that video to "prove" he wasn't injured...lol
    Cop takes a good look at the back of Zimmerman's head for "some reason" and it is even mentioned that he received first aid while in the back seat of the police car before being taken to the station. Gotta wonder if he hurt his trigger finger to need the first aid ;)

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Let me get this strait. A hispanic democrat shoots a black democrat, and this is somehow white on black racism, or left vs right? LMFAO!

A three-headed Martian in a Mao jacket could have tangled with that kid and it would still be a white-on-black racist event as characterized by Democrat spin doctors.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    It is sad the idiots buy into this junk. Remember when they said 0bummer is black, even though he is half, because he walks the streets as a black guy. I would think that same logic applies to Zimmerman, but that doesn't fit their race baiting agenda. IMO Zimmerman looks hispanic. If his mom was white, and his dad hispanic, his last name would be hispanic, and we would have never even heard about this.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    So here's what I have been able to gather from this whole thing. 9mm fired from a small auto is indeed a good choice for self defense.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    So here's what I have been able to gather from this whole thing. 9mm fired from a small auto is indeed a good choice for self defense.

In all seriousness, what speaks to me from this incident (as reported so far) is the need to also carry non-lethal methods of self defense if you're also going to carry a firearm in public, concealed or not. A person needs to have the option of using non-lethal means to subdue someone as the situation calls for it. It's a good thing to have as many options available as possible.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    In all seriousness, what speaks to me from this incident (as reported so far) is the need to also carry non-lethal methods of self defense if you're also going to carry a firearm in public, concealed or not. A person needs to have the option of using non-lethal means to subdue someone as the situation calls for it. It's a good thing to have as many options available as possible.

I'm not trying to start an argument here but I think thats a little unrealistic. Sure in a perfect world nobody has to die but this isnt one and hindsight is always 20/20. I'm not a police officer, I dont wear a duty belt. I'm not going to walk the streets with a tazer, baton, pepper spray, cuffs, and a firearm. Dont forget that non-lethal is a lot more dangerous for you. One shot or extreemly close range for most less than letal options, no thanks. I'll stick to my guns, pun intended.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    There is the persistent argument by the utopians that in a perfect world there would be no guns.

I say in a perfect would, there would be no need for gun laws since no one would use guns for evil. Having guns or not having guns would be of no consequence.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi

Isn't that what fists are for?

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I'm not trying to start an argument here but I think thats a little unrealistic. Sure in a perfect world nobody has to die but this isnt one and hindsight is always 20/20. I'm not a police officer, I dont wear a duty belt. I'm not going to walk the streets with a tazer, baton, pepper spray, cuffs, and a firearm. Dont forget that non-lethal is a lot more dangerous for you. One shot or extreemly close range for most less than letal options, no thanks. I'll stick to my guns, pun intended.

No argument from me, just good discussion. All I'm saying is it's better to have the option than to not have it at all. Sure, if some maniac starts shooting up a fast food joint he needs to be put down ASAP with a firearm, but there are many other incidents a person can find themselves that just don't warrant the use of deadly force or even the escalation of pulling your gun out of its holster. Again, don't get me wrong, I'm not some tree hugging peacenik, I'm just saying it's better to have a range of options.

Isn't that what fists are for?

Personally, I'm good with pepper spray, knife, and Krav Maga on top of a firearm. I also carry a can of bear spray in my truck so that I can put a whole crowd to the ground if necessary.

Top Bottom