• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Sorry, guys. I started the thread and I think I was looking forward to this more than anyone. However, I have to flake on this one.

Sis is having another heart surgery so I'll be elsewhere tomorrow. It's highly likely I won't be posting at all for at least several days.

You guys have a good time.

Really sorry to hear it Ben, prayers sent y'alls way......
    Guns International

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Did pass on a medium to rough condition Russian Makarov for about $200. Ok deal for the condition, not fantastic. However, did enjoy the show and met up with some old friends. Buddy got a short barreled Mosin (Don't know if it was a true M44 or not) for $100. Did not get to see the rifle.

Surprised to see the business that sells a lot of knifes, survival supplies and food advertising that it is up for sale. Guess if anyone wants to get into that there is one ready to go for a price.

AR's have fallen off the table in prices, question is how low can they go? We will see a BNIB 5.56 AR $<400 soon?

Magazines have crept up again for some reason. Could not find the 10 for $99 PMags deals that were popular a couple of months ago.

Josh Smith had a third Johnson rifle on his table, usually has a pair. Still need one of those for the collection but $5K is not quite in the budget right now.

Crowd on Sunday was not the same as on Saturday. Vendors complaining about it being a lot slower.

Good to see that John Dixon had a table and was working on 1911s at the show.

Fewer cheap ass switchblades for sale that I have seen recently. Still a lot of lower quality auto knives, but did not see the abundance that were available a month or so ago in the $20 range.

Dealers were willing to negotiate, especially as the day wore on and got close to closing time. Tables were being packed up at 3:00, an hour ahead of the shut down time.

Fewer antique dealers in the back this show than others in the past.

Bachman Pawn Shop from Dallas had some S&W 9mm and Glock .40 cal police trade ins for ok prices.

Easier to find the new Glock 41 and 42s at the show if you wanted to handle and look at them. Number of tables had them.

I think ammo is about to return to what will be the new normal. Seems supply is catching up and prices are falling to get buyers. Bet some of these folks get real creative soon to move hoarded product that they have priced high for months now.

Agree with others, it seemed smaller and not getting much bigger or expanding. See how the next one measures up.

zangel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2014
    We went early afternoon on Sunday and while there was a good showing of vendors, the prices weren't all that great. I was hoping to see more used handguns but unfortunately most of it was new stock priced well above what you would find online or local gun stores. I did see a few good deals (ie: barely used Shield for $300 and a new Glock 17 for $475). At the end of the show I went back to purchase the Glock but I couldn't find it. Overall, wasn't a bad show but nothing to get excited about either.

Pawpaw40

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    East Texas
    I was there early Saturday morning. Found some 7.7 Jap ammo that I've been trying to find for over a year. Looking for a friend. Also found some GP11 (7.5 Swiss). Bought both, overpaid for both. All in all, I think the DAC show at Market Hall is better and bigger. Thinking about trying the Tulsa show. Isn't that one supposed to be the biggest?

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    I started to go Sunday, but the last few shows all I have seen on Sunday after 1pm was vendors packing up or gone.

That's one reason I won't go to a show on Sunday. A LOT of the vendors pack up early. Some even pack up after the Saturday crowd leaves. If I can go on a Sunday, I likely can't get there before 1. By then a lot of vendors are gone.

Top Bottom