• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Now we're getting somewhere. It has nothing to do with the gun itself, but with your preferences. So in all this "empirical evidence" we have a strong bias that won't let you say "it's ok, just not for me". The data is there, just maybe not by the original poster. You can watch iraqveteran8888 for video proof of what the gun can handle, not just an article stating they put X number of rounds through it. They ARE a source that is in the original poster's video as well. I guarantee their torture test went farther than just sending rounds down range under optimal conditions. And yes, lack of cleaning would still be optimal when compared to what the Hi - Point was subjected to (obstructed barrel, freezing in dry ice, etc.).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Lol, if you say so. We obviously won't agree when you believe real world use is outweighed by "scenarios" involving trips to Antarctica.

Guns International

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've seen lots of complaints about the pistols, very few for the carbines.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Lol, if you say so. We obviously won't agree when you believe real world use is outweighed by "scenarios" involving trips to Antarctica.

I believe my own personal use, not "some guy" on the Internet.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I have actually owned a Hi Point 9mm pistol. Back when I was first getting into guns I bought one and then added a Bryco-Jennings 9 when I got more money. I'm not sure which ended up being the bigger piece of shit because they were so close in the running it would have been really hard to judge.

I do remember that the Hi Point taught me all of the FTF/FTE terminology I ever wanted to know. Absolute, hands down piece of Amsterdam anal gangbang whore shit.

It's only (ONLY) redeeming quality is that it is cheap which makes it a great gun to throw in the river after getting 2 or 3 shots off before the jam when pulling a drive by on a late night block party for street cred.

That's it. That's it's entire purpose in life.

Homicide scene investigators will tell you they don't even need to send casings off to the lab to tell that a Hi Point was used in a shooting. It is obvious by the bent up casings and dented live rounds laying around.

I can say nothing about the carbine other than it is uglier than a feral hog raping a chihuahua because I have no personal hands on experience with one.

And hope to keep it that way.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Well, if that's the only use for hipoint pistols they should probably be banned.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I believe my own personal use, not "some guy" on the Internet.

Now you're just contradicting yourself.

The data is there, just maybe not by the original poster. You can watch iraqveteran8888 for video proof of what the gun can handle, not just an article stating they put X number of rounds through it. They ARE a source that is in the original poster's video as well.

more importantly,

I guarantee their torture test went farther than just sending rounds down range under optimal conditions.

Guaranteeing something, that you didn't do, implies trust in what "some guy" on the Internet says.

So which is it? You believe your guy on the Internet or yourself?
    You're allowed to quote your guy as gospel but mine is garbage?

Lol whatever..

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Now you're just contradicting yourself.

more importantly,

Guaranteeing something, that you didn't do, implies trust in what "some guy" on the Internet says.

So which is it? You believe your guy on the Internet or yourself?
    You're allowed to quote your guy as gospel but mine is garbage?

Lol whatever..

There's video proof to what he did. Yours, however, was just a written article.

It's the same issue with the S&W Sigma. The initial run had issues. They fixed those issues, however, the bad reputation remains because a guy heard from a guy that heard from a guy ...

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    It's the same issue with the S&W Sigma. The initial run had issues. They fixed those issues, however, the bad reputation remains because a guy heard from a guy that heard from a guy ...

So, did HiPoint fix those magazine issues mentioned previously in this thread, or do you still need to grind/sand/bend to get them to run right? Have they improved the design of the carbine, that so many have shown runs like shit when run hard, and that's why this iraqvet dude's video proves something?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I understand their purpose being inexpensive, and I know great dudes that like them (pointing at you Dan)... but it's not for me.
    Hope you're not pointing at this Dan ;)

I think Hi Points were engineered with about 5min of thought, they are clunky to handle and shoot, and the trigger is poop. That said, they do seem to be pretty reliable. If you're already eating ramen everyday then sure, get a HiPoint. Otherwise I think you'd be better served eating ramen and saving up for at least a Keltec or Smegma, or better yet save a little more and get a used Glock from GTs for $330.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    So, did HiPoint fix those magazine issues mentioned previously in this thread, or do you still need to grind/sand/bend to get them to run right? Have they improved the design of the carbine, that so many have shown runs like shit when run hard, and that's why this iraqvet dude's video proves something?

Valid question on the magazine. I don't know as I have not bought any. As far as the carbine goes, mine has not given me any issues that were related to the quality of the gun itself. As far as iraqveteran8888's test, they tested the pistol, not the carbine.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Well, if that's the only use for hipoint pistols they should probably be banned.

Lets not get hasty.

A cheap ass gun to throw in the river after getting 2 or 3 shots off before the jam when pulling a drive by on a late night block party for street cred has its place.

So, did HiPoint fix those magazine issues mentioned previously in this thread, or do you still need to grind/sand/bend to get them to run right?

1.) No. They didn't. Seems Hi Point is fine with their reputation for making crap. People who buy Hi Points do not research first; they care only about it being cheap. Much like people who buy MD20/20; Morgan David knows who their target market sector is and it ain't wine aficionados. Same with Hi Point.

2.) Yes. You do.

Have they improved the design of the carbine, that so many have shown runs like shit when run hard, and that's why this iraqvet dude's video proves something?

1.) No. They haven't. Seems Hi Point is fine with their reputation for making crap. People who buy Hi Points do not research first; they care only about it being cheap. Much like people who buy MD20/20; Morgan David knows who their target market sector is and it ain't wine aficionados. Same with Hi Point.

2.) Who the Hell is this Iraqvet dude and why should we care? I know a whole lot of Iraq vets, myself being one (Desert Storm), who could give two shits about some YouTube guy's opinion on toilet paper, much less for one on a cheap ass piece of shit firearm made by a company with a long historied and well earned reputation for making cheap ass completely unreliable shit to sell to the lowest common denominator.

I think you'd be better served eating ramen and saving up for at least a Keltec or Smegma, or better yet save a little more and get a used Glock from GTs for $330.

Best advice in this thread thus far.

Last edited:

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Yes, and that "careful documentation" has absolutely no means of editing whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Fail, again. I'm a little more confident in this guy http://pistol-training.com/bio than a group of guys that run a pawn shop in Georgia. I've admitted I don't like the hi point, why don't you just admit you're a fanboy and call it a moot point lol.

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    It's been over 10 yrs since I fired a lowpoint, and both were shit. The carbines firing pin broke, and the .380 pistol jammed constantly. The carbine ran fine after lowpoint sent a new firing pin. Too many people talk good about the warranty, meaning too many people have to use the warranty.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I think Hi Points were engineered with about 5min of thought, they are clunky to handle and shoot, and the trigger is poop. That said, they do seem to be pretty reliable. If you're already eating ramen everyday then sure, get a HiPoint. Otherwise I think you'd be better served eating ramen and saving up for at least a Keltec or Smegma, or better yet save a little more and get a used Glock from GTs for $330.

I gotta agree, whereas I have been tempted by these little carbines; once I actually put my hands on one I could feel the cheapness of it.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with inexpensive but that is not the same as cheap. I would never trust my life to a Hi Point of any variety and even if I was eating ramen every day, I'd still try to find an inexpensive but not cheap firearm (like a Taurus).

My attitude towards firearms is the same as it has always been for beer...life's too short to get the cheap stuff. Even when I was in college, and eating Ramen was a treat (I lived off of one dollar burritos most every night), I would never drink crap beer. I guess it's my German ancestry that keeps me from doing so, but I would rather drink one good beer than three poor ones. Same with guns, I prefer quality over quantity.

But if Hi Points tickle your pickle, then I'm glad to hear it. I actually didn't start owning firearms until late in life (early 40s) as I was in the military up to then and was supplied with all the toys I could play with. That delayed meant I have more financial means to build my collection but I was also an E-1 making $300 a month at one point of my life, so I know what it's like to have limited funds. A Hi Point is better than nothing, but there's a lot of things better than a Hi Point. I see them more as a temporary solution until such time as a better one can be afforded...

Cheers! M2

azkcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I absolutely live hi-points!!!!
    They help curb the hate I get about how ugly my glocks are. All I have to do is point and say "at least it doesn't look like that $}{!T".
    And I don't like the how they shoot. Weird

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    As far as iraqveteran8888's test, they tested the pistol, not the carbine.

So, this thread is about the CARBINE, and you are defending the CARBINE, and both you and the OP are using some dude's video about the pistol to make your point? Huh? I am lost.....

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    So, this thread is about the CARBINE, and you are defending the CARBINE, and both you and the OP are using some dude's video about the pistol to make your point? Huh? I am lost.....

Personal experience with the carbine. Never had a failure that wasn't ammo caused or other user error (never had a non ammo related failure while in my hands). As far as the pistol being brought up, others bring it up ala "the carbines are ok but the pistols are crap".

Top Bottom