• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iMac

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 9, 2013
    North Texas
    I did not renew my NRA membership this year. I was waiting until I had a reasonable idea that they were heading in the right direction.
    I will not be renewing now at all.
    Just joined the GOA and gave an additional donation. So there is another recruit for you, Roadrunner.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Wookie, good luck in changing the habit(s) of blind loyalty. Ya' often just end up with headache and a sore noggin'.

Apparently, you can identify "loyalty" when you see it. Good!....Why don't you try some loyalty until this tempest in a teapot passes?

As to justifying my loyalty based upon NRA's track record, I don't care what you think. When our members attack the NRA and share the same platform with Leftist, anti gun pond scum, I am your enemy!

Flash

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Wookie, good luck in changing the habit(s) of blind loyalty. Ya' often just end up with headache and a sore noggin'.

Apparently, you can identify "loyalty" when you see it. Good!....Why don't you try some loyalty until this tempest in a teapot passes?

As to justifying my loyalty based upon NRA's track record, I don't care what you think. When our members attack the NRA and share the same platform with Leftist, anti gun pond scum, I am your enemy!

Flash
    Let me ask you then. If you see that the organization that you supported for years isn't living up to the standards they claim to be and you decide to give your contributions to another organization that looks to be doing better, does that make you an enemy to the cause?

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County

Flash

Whatever on the planet got you to think I'm turning my back on the NRA? If you had read, and actually read with any sort of cognizant comprehension, you would have noticed, quite early on in the thread, that nobody is attacking you, or the NRA. Mismanagement, misdirection, apparent embezzlement, gluttony and pandering from, and by the management of the NRA is a problem, and THE problems we are all discussing. NOBODY here, that I'm aware of, wants to see the NRA disappear.

You are quite obviously blinded by an emotionally misdirected state of rage. You don't see the forest for the trees young man.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Flash

The NRA is laying in bed with the leftists who are pushing red flag laws and encouraged the ban on a plastic stock without so much as a grandfather clause or compensation.

The NRA has become corrupted. If they get back on track the will regain support. If not, the NRA members who are more concerned with loyalty to gun rights will end up sending their money instead to an organization that will actually fight for them. Not compromise the 2A down to the right to keep and bear single shot rimfire rifles with biometric safeties and properly registered with the government.

Blind loyalty is not the same as loyalty. One requires being honorable, the other requires a refusal to accept what is right in front of you.

I hope the NRA gets back on track. They won’t if people keep sending them money while they give away our 2A rights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I believe we are all in agreement that we desire the NRA to get back on track, but it looks like they're digging in their heels instead. This will continue to get worse before it can get better. LaPierre isn't going without a fight, and he demonstrates the NRA is "his" to do what he wishes. His cabal is on the take, and are supporting that behavior. That doesn't bode well for the organization we all love(d).

Support is already moving to other organizations, and the LaP cabal is too obstinate to take even that seriously. If that's what it takes, for the GOA, SAF, etc. to effectively replace the NRA, then so be it. I'll support whichever organization(s) support the Constitution.

My hunch is this will only be solved using the language LaPierre understands - money. When it runs out, he and his ilk will flee, and then we'll have to decide how to put it back together.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Iraqiveteran8888 & MAC pretty much blasted the NRA in a video earlier this week.
    They came up with this a few years ago :laughing:
    NRA-Not-Really-Activists_T-shirt-Heather-Charcoal_MAC024_800x.jpg

Attachments

• NRA-Not-Really-Activists_T-shirt-Heather-Charcoal_MAC024_800x.jpg
      NRA-Not-Really-Activists_T-shirt-Heather-Charcoal_MAC024_800x.jpg
      69.4 KB · Views: 328

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    It's not a zero sum game, either... I support SAF, GOA, NAGR, and a few others in the past. SAF is the one that's been getting the most support from me recently as they've been showing great results. They are also willing to collaborate with other orgs to make their goals happen.

Support as many 2A orgs as you can.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    The NRA has been cozying up to the leftist anti gun pond scum themselves, but ok buttercup.
    You, Roger 4314, obviously never had the NRA come in and totally phuck over a piece of legislation several people and state reps spent half a decade working on introducing then reintroducing the next year just because they think it will pass and want to all of the sudden be a part of it or act on behalf of some other interests competing legislation and screw it up. They have done that so many times people have to tell them ahead of time to stay the phuck out.

They pick n choose what they support, and even more infuriating, make deals with antis on what or who they wont oppose.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Butthurt or sandy mangina secondary to translucent epidermis seem like chronic conditions online at times.
    Still this is the first time buttercup....

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Roger, I don't think it's really sensible to accuse us of being against the 2nd Amendment and being in bed with leftists anti gun scum just because we are choosing to support other pro gun, pro constitution organizations.

As for the Buttercup comment, you just accused us of being in bed with anti gun leftists and declared that you were now our enemy, but somehow someone calling you "buttercup" is crossing the line? What kind of screwed up logic is that?

Take a chill pill. We are not your enemy, or an enemy of the NRA. That does NOT mean we have to be blindly loyal to them though. I am loyal to the US Constitution and the 2nd Amendment. If the NRA cannot fulfill it's duty to protect the 2nd Amendment, then I will support other organizations that will fulfill that duty. Right now, the NRA is failing miserably at it's duty.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom