• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    That and I find it amusing that people who can't think for themselves always want to parrot what they read on the net. Groupthink at its best.

It doesn't take a genius to figure this stuff out. All it takes is a person paying attention. Most people simply never pay attention, and by most I mean a fairly damn high percentage. Hell, most people never even simply stop, take a step back, and just watch everyone else on the range for awhile and see what they can see. If they did, they might be surprised at what they see on pretty much every single range trip, that otherwise goes unnoticed. Here are my own words from my own experience: A significant percentage of shooters do not have a competent enough level of skill and attention to detail to handle the 1911 platform at arespectable level of performance.
    Texas SOT

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Just as you won't convince a Liberal that they're wrong, you won't convince a 1911 lover that their gun is outdated.

gFMhf.gif

dancing_troll_by_blanche_sama-d4tlfxe.gif
    just fo dat i hope your rates go up on every thing

TAVM

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    It doesn't take a genius to figure this stuff out. All it takes is a person paying attention. Most people simply never pay attention, and by most I mean a fairly damn high percentage. Hell, most people never even simply stop, take a step back, and just watch everyone else on the range for awhile and see what they can see. If they did, they might be surprised at what they see on pretty much every single range trip, that otherwise goes unnoticed. Here are my own words from my own experience: A significant percentage of shooters do not have a competent enough level of skill and attention to detail to handle the 1911 platform at arespectable level of performance.

True. And THAT is why I'm saying people will have different opinions. Because you might be the guy who's owned several 1911's and had zero failures (due in part to ones meticulous personality, or the guns' build quality or both)...or you might be the guy who has had several finicky ones ::cough:: Kimber! ::cough::

In either instance...for a logical, rationale person...experience comprises most of what someone's perception of reality is. I just get annoyed with people who want to ride on another's coattails and/or opinion without any first hand knowledge of their own (and by that I mean those types of people that say, and I paraphrase..."glocks rule and 1911's suck" when they owned only one of the two or worse yet, none of the two!)

Last edited:

NOLA Jack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    True. And THAT is why I'm saying people will have different opinions. Because you might be the guy who's owned several 1911's and had zero failures (due in part to ones meticulous personality, or the guns' build quality or both)...or you might be the guy who has had several finicky ones ::cough:: Kimber! ::cough::

In either instance...for a logical, rationale person...experience comprises most of what someone's perception of reality is. I just get annoyed with people who want to ride on another's coattails and/or opinion without any first hand knowledge of their own. (And by that I mean those who are saying glocks rule and 1911's suck when they owned only one of the two or worse yet...none of the two!)

Was that said here?

TAVM

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    I'll take that as a no, thanks!

You can take it anyway you like. The point is, that's the basic statement or implication that happens nearly everytime this subject comes up. That's what I'm referencing. It doesn't matter whether it's happened within the last 106 posts or not on THIS forum. But I changed the wording for you so you don't feel like I've attempted to single out people on this thread.

Last edited:

NOLA Jack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    You can take it anyway you like. The point is, that's the basic statement or implication that happens nearly everytime this subject comes up. That's what I'm referencing. It doesn't matter whether it's happened within the last 106 posts or not on THIS forum. But I changed the wording for you so you don't feel like I've attempted to single out people on this thread.

So when it doesn't happen, you argue with ghosts instead of discussing what is actually happening and the point of the thread. Keep on building straw men and tearing them down if you'd like, I just don't see the point or relevance here.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Sub-compact 1911s are notoriously hard to get running correctly. As the frame size shrinks so does the amount of time everything has to perform correctly.

Mine runs fine. Though I did take some time to get it dialed in right. But the compacts do have a reputation as being finicky. But now it's so reliable I have no problem using it as my CCW. But I agree, they're not for everybody.

As for all this talk about the 1911 being old tech, yeah, I get it. But I have 1911's not because they're "superior in every way" to all other handguns. I have them because I enjoy shooting them. They are a bit like a muscle car. A bit of nostalgia that probably isn't practical for day to day use. And for someone who is just taking up shooting, they may not be the best choice as a first pistol. But I'm not concerned about "going into combat" with one. But the 1911 was the first center fire SA pistol I ever shot. Been in love with the platform ever since. But it's not the only pistol I own. Not the only one I like shooting. But if any of you have a 1911 and you think it's obsolete, send it to me. I'll make room in the safe for it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ltlavender
    Top Bottom