• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Montgomery
    If it's a drawn hunt, there will probably be a meeting before the hunt where all questions will be answered. One thing that would help make up my mind would be the rules on transportation inside your hunt area. If drag a deer a while lot farther than I'd drag a hog.
    Lynx Defense

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Feeding other animals is ok, it won't go to waste around here.......... imho....

Dragging a 125 lb hog through 300 yards of 5 ft. tall salt grass and wading through a tank full of snakes akin to something out of a horror movie is not something I am interested in doing again. Water moccasins were swimming all around me....I was a damn fool for doing it...

Last edited:

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    10 years ago, I rode the Mason-Fredericksburg area routinely. Dead hogs were untouched while dead deer were covered up with buzzards - telling me that buzzards don't dig on swine. My friend at Talpa Tx, says Ravens have taken over the carrion-disposal business there & when he stacks dead pigs in the corner of the field, Ravens strip 'em to the bone. Only search result I got was this which says buzzards & ravens fight over dead pigs.
    Bottom line: drop your feral hog carcasses off on US67, west of Talpa.

Top Bottom