Holster Question

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by allforbirds, Aug 28, 2008.

1. allforbirds

allforbirds New Member

Jul 29, 2008
    I am taking my CHL Class in 2 weeks and looking for an IWB holster.

Here is the problem I do not wear a belt and do not want to wear a belt. I am looking for something in leather that is going to last a while and be comfortable to wear.

I have looked at the smartcarry and the thunderwear and they dont look like something I would be comfortable wearing all day, but are beginning to look like my only option.

Does anyone know of any leather holsters that would not require a belt? I know they make paddle holsters for OC but havent seen anything for IWB.

Thanks!

2. baboon

baboon Well-Known

I have yet to see one. The belt tends to hold the holster while you draw. It would really suck to pull it out holster included if you really need it. If your looking at a small enough weapon pocket carry may he the option.

3. Floyd_Droid

Floyd_Droid Active Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
  4. Vellcrow

Vellcrow Active Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    We might be able to help more if you tell us what gun you plan to carry. If it is bigger than a pocket pistol, going without a belt would not be very wise.

5. allforbirds

allforbirds New Member

Jul 29, 2008

I am going to be carrying either an xd 9sc or an xd 45c. Havent decided yet. Right now I have an xd 9 service 4".

6. Vellcrow

Vellcrow Active Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
  7. jarhead79

jarhead79 New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Well, I'll have to give you the ol' lecture. You probably should have a belt, if you're carrying a gun.

Having said that, you might consider holsters with the steel clips that hold super tight. There are several makers out there that use the steel clips vs. the plastic or kydex ones. I happen to be one of those makers, but this is not an "I love me" post. I'm just giving my opinion. I'd even be willing to drop some names of makers, if you'd like.

Nate

8. allforbirds

allforbirds New Member

Jul 29, 2008
    I purchased a belt at Cabela's a few weeks ago, has not been worn yet. Also bought an inexpensive IWB holster from Galco, similar to what I was wanting.

Really re thinking using a holster. It is a pain to get it comfortable in my jeans with a belt on. Might just have to try smart carry or thunderwear.

I am beginning to think that IWB holsters were not made with women in mind. Our butts hips and waist are more complicated than guys.

9. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    The Milt Sparks VMII (IMO the most comfortable IWB holster ever...well for me) can be worn without a belt using the Kydex clips.

10. Floyd_Droid

Floyd_Droid Active Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    Yep!! I can't wait till mine comes in!!! (Just 4 1/2 more months)

But you can go through Milt Sparks resellers and see if they have it for your weapon of choice. if not you'll have to order it, it will take some time but it's well worth the wait!!