home depot swarm

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by DCortez, Mar 10, 2009.

1. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Things must be getting bad for the Houston economy. I passed the Home Depot on the beltway (south) near bellaire (or thereabouts) and had never seen so many people swarm a car. Not the usual few people, a swarm.

I haven't driven near Chimney Rock/59 in a while, not sure how it is down there.

Home Depot at standoff with laborers who swarm customers in bid for work

2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Housing starts have been consistently down for at least a year now. All of these guys that used to do tile, framing, etc. are out of work. Alot of them are illegals so they can't exactly go work for Walmart.

3. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I like this....

"Garcia, an undocumented Guatemalan national who had a regular job in construction until being laid off late last year, said he and the others only want to work and have no other way to find steady pay."

An undocumented/illegal had a "regular" job and was "laid off". They make it sound like he was a W2'd employee. I'm surprised they aren't discussing Unemployment benefits and State or Federal retraining aid etc.

4. claymore504

claymore504 Well-Known

Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    The media always shows it with absolute sympathy. I saw a speacial on dateline or something a couple weeks back where the reporter pretended to be a day laborer to see what kind of reaction he would get. Then they brought in an illegal alien day laborer and talked to him about how horrible he gets treated. It just baffles me!!!:headscratch:

5. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    The media tends to completely ignore the "illegal" in 'illegal alien'. They make no mention that most of the money they earn is sent to other countries. The don't mention that they pay no taxes, but do receive services paid for by our taxes. They also don't mention that they contribute a very small amount of their income in sales tax and other taxes. Many of them live in groups, in small homes. This allows them to spend less and send more money back home.

6. 1776-1976

1776-1976 New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Colmesneil Texas 75938
    Just shows what a good job immigration is doing. People are fed up and it is only going to get worse with the economic collapse nearing. Still the think the government serves the people? Well maybe they do serve the people but it is sure not the American people they serve.

7. Jeff B

Jeff B Active Member

May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    I saw some guy on O'Reilly six or eight months ago, he was an "immigration advocate", which to me means shill for the lawbreakers.

Anyhow, the debate got down to the costs that illegal immigants imposed on the United States economy. This dude kept repeating that "in their property taxes (from rentals) they pay for healthcare", which each time sent O'Reilly into more fits. O'Reilly explained multiple times that in the US, property taxes had nothing to do with medical coverage, which made no impression on this moron.

The statement above about "wanting unemployment, etc." is not far off. Don't be surprised if the concept comes up. Shoot we're paying for everything else, why not that too?

Jeff B.

8. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I'm all for working your way up ... legally.

Does American need a constant "slave class"?

9. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.

Uh, the Dems are currently delegating the middle class to fill that role.

10. BeNotAfraid

BeNotAfraid Active Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Red River, Texas
    ...got that right brother!

there's gonna be Super Rich-Bill Gates, Warren Buffett,
    .and the Super Poor!

nothing in da Middle!