Homeland Security at Bolivar Ferry

IXLR8

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
May 19, 2009
Republic of Texas
I have seen some seriously stupid things in my life, but Homeland Security at the Bolivar Ferry is near the top.

» VIDEO: Homeland Security Searches Vehicles at Ferry Crossing Checkpoint Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

I am not a fan of Infowars, but I got this link from Drudge Report. Why are they checking a highway that does not cross a border? There are probably less than a 1000 people that live on the other side of the ferry....

This is only going to get worse.

Last edited:

NeckBeard

Apr 13, 2013
keep telling yourself you live in a free country :)

i thought texas was different? it seems many of these govt abuse stories come out of tx.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
May 19, 2009
Republic of Texas
I think the HLS is covering anything into 100 miles of the border?

map.png
I guess that is one way to get a presence in half the state of Texas.... Too bad they are not looking for illegal immigrants. I guess that would be a different department.
I guess someone should take a look at the constitution. Apparently the 4th amendment has been amended.

Last edited:

BG1960

Well-Known
Nov 9, 2008
Unincorporated East Harris County
old news, random vehicles have been pulled out of line and searched for a good while. I can't remember how long ago, I watched some uniforms pull an unremarkable new Escalade out of line and totally toss it while a family melted into the pavement.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
May 28, 2008
Ft Worth, TX
It has been done for years. HLS used to contract with a security company to do it called Seawolf Security. They were based waay inland.

I guess terrorist would never target automibile ferrys.

Silly HLS.

Shotgun Jeremy

Professional Procrastinator
Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2012
Central Texas
old news, random vehicles have been pulled out of line and searched for a good while. I can't remember how long ago, I watched some uniforms pull an unremarkable new Escalade out of line and totally toss it while a family melted into the pavement.
What ever happened to using a vehicle X-Ray? They even make portable versions now that are set up on a semi trailer.

TX69

TGT Addict
Dec 23, 2012
DFW
So this makes it okay?

Top Bottom