• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    LE has a tough row to hoe. They get told when and where to do what part of their job. The public sees them doing or not doing the part they want or don't want done and doesn't like it. God Bless them, it's a gig I wouldn't do for any amount of money.

DUI : My solution is to seize the vehicle. Don't matter who's it is, if a driver is DUI and it isn't stolen, it's GONE. If nothing else it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy just to think about it.
    My brother is a Sheriff's Deputy in MN, and they seize vehicles on the third offense. I don't know how many other areas do this, and if it has any effect on DUI repeats. You would think they would only get junkers, but they seized a brand new $50k truck a while back. Yes, the owner got the first two DUIs in a junker, and yes, the owner gets dibs on buying it back at fair market value.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    If a vehicle is used in the commission of a felony in Texas it can be suject to seizure. So, theoretically a 3rd DWI (felony) could make it seizable (I would have to go re-read some law to be sure), but I know of no DA in Texas that will do this.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    If a vehicle is used in the commission of a felony in Texas it can be suject to seizure. So, theoretically a 3rd DWI (felony) could make it seizable (I would have to go re-read some law to be sure), but I know of no DA in Texas that will do this.

My agency will for drug felonies. But we also have typically limited it if the involves the vehicle owner, it's paid off or worth more than the lien for resale since we're a smaller agency.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom