Capitol Armory ad

Honest Question...Is the NRA blocking people of interest from FBI restriction?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • austinbirdnut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    Lat 30.495992 / Lon -97.729223
    Im sorry if this is in the wrong thread topic but it was close...

Im not an Obama supporter or anything but I did stumble upon this on Facebook and was curious. He mentions that the NRA is essentially blocking the FBI, despite being on the FBI watch list/no fly list etc, from from preventing weapons purchases for people like the Orlando shooter. As innocently as I can say, I honestly dont know. Is there any truth to this?

Thanks.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...LqPcfSQcEbB35Q-3Yoz3pg&bvm=bv.124272578,d.aXo

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    It is a Death by a Thousand Cuts thing.

As each small population is banned soon enough very few will be allowed to own.
    This is their goal. The complete and total disarming of the American People. NEVER forget that.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    He is confusing the NRA for the Constitution...........

Yes, he blames the NRA.....but we have Constitutional Rights that he doesn't like....

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    There's a way to block them that involves due process. What the FBI wants is to avoid that. Plain and simple. They could be blocking people today if they felt like it.

They could also delay the return, but with a "firearms license" (assuming that's his CHL) he wouldn't have had a NICS check anyway.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    That whole little speech was full of crap. The remarks I read to it, downright delusional.
    If you want to restrict a citizen from doing anything, including a no fly list, do it with due process in court. Not a bameless bureaucrat making a list. As per the Constitution.
    That is what people like him have the biggest problem with. Due process is too much trouble.
    Period.

from an idgit coffeeholic

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've been posting on Yahoo in rebuttal to BS Liberal articles. They must be getting desperate because their articles are simply preposterous!

Obama and his Liberal lap dogs are trying hard to disqualify otherwise law abiding citizens. If you served in the military, used VA services or need help preparing your bill paying, you are prime pickin's for disqualification for firearms purchase. If you used counseling services, they got you!

Once you get ON a list like that, they've got you by the 'Nads! Hell, Yes, the NRA is fighting that!

Flash

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    There is not even a list of what qualifies one for the no fly list. While known Radical Muslim sympathizers work in the Restricted zones of our Airports. But we can't be profiling. If not for our tattered Constitution we'd be prisoners not citizens.
    The NRA has no statutory power to block anything. Their influence is mobilizing millions of honest citizens to pressure politicians.
    The NRA burned their bridges with me by supporting the worst anti American Senator ever. Harry Reid. They claimed they were a single issue organization and Reid was good for guns. That's Bacon Sandwich. They did not give him money once, but for decades. I felt betrayed and have been unable to find a penny for them since. Reid sold us out to China. Something the Clintons did too. And hiding their actions behind the ILA arm of the NRA does not fill me with love either.

Last edited:

austinbirdnut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    Lat 30.495992 / Lon -97.729223
    I appreciate the replies and info, truly. I see everyone's point. Im glad I wasnt missing something regarding the NRA's ability/power, etc.
    Mreed911...your post pretty much sums it up since it was Florida. Wont what Obummer would have replied to that??

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    With the rants this guy had he could have been involuntarily committed to a mental hospital and diagnosed as being a danger to others. He clearly had serious issues.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Being "Politically Correct" is a major obstacle in nailing these murderous bastards before they draw blood. A turd like the Orlando shooter is PC termed "eccentric", "maladaptive" or "different" instead of what he really was....an antisocial, Muslim extremist who threatened people often and used physical violence against his wife. He bragged about his terrorist ties, made trips to Saudi Arabia to connect with their radicals and was a major A Hole to folks who knew him.

His domestic violence alone would have kept him from purchasing firearms, legally.

It was all true, but let's not say anything..............someone may be offended!

Flash

Last edited:

MikeyJ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Tomball
    Confirmed. Florida CHL. No NICS check. No list would have mattered.

Having a Florida CHL does not exempt you from a background check for a gun purchase.

I have a FL Concealed Weapon Permit; do I still require a background check?

[FONT]Yes; under federal law a concealed weapon permit issued by the State of Florida or any other state does not exempt you from a background check to purchase a firearm(s). [18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, 922 supersedes F.S. 790.065(4)(b)]

(Source: [/FONT]
    http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/cms/FPP/FAQs2.aspx)

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Im sorry if this is in the wrong thread topic but it was close...

Im not an Obama supporter or anything but I did stumble upon this on Facebook and was curious. He mentions that the NRA is essentially blocking the FBI, despite being on the FBI watch list/no fly list etc, from from preventing weapons purchases for people like the Orlando shooter. As innocently as I can say, I honestly dont know. Is there any truth to this?

No.

RKBA enthusiasts like me are blocking it. And I will continue to do so.

WILD_PHIL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2016
    Well unfortunately the administration picks and chooses what rules they want to follow. So what the President is saying, He can trade 5 terrorist(horrible pieces of chit) for a POS deserter(Bergdahl) without out approval or authorization from anyone, but can't keep one terrorist from buying a gun that is on FBI watch lists? There much more I can say about the subject but I'll leave it at that. He picks and chooses which rules to follow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Well unfortunately the administration picks and chooses what rules they want to follow. So what the President is saying, He can trade 5 terrorist(horrible pieces of chit) for a POS deserter(Bergdahl) without out approval or authorization from anyone, but can't keep one terrorist from buying a gun that is on FBI watch lists? There much more I can say about the subject but I'll leave it at that. He picks and chooses which rules to follow.

I'm sorry, I don't get it. What rule did the president break by not disregarding due process?

WILD_PHIL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2016
    I'm not a lawyer. During my time deployed to Baghdad as an infantry soldier we were reminded that if we got in to a situation where we were captured it was best to die. We don't not negotiate with terrorist. There's no guarantee that we will be able to get you before you are tortured and raped. What law did he break? I don't know. I know that he broke our promise to the terrorist of the world that we will not negotiate with them and in turn opened the door for more upductions with hopes of negotiations by terrorist for the release of the few turds that haven't been released from custody yet. Below is a link that may she'd a Lil light on the issues I brought up. I personally do not have a problem with this President I just disagree with his opinion on nearly every political issue in our country. Lol

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/obama-administration-breaking-law-by-releasing-5-terrorists/

Top Bottom