Hurley's Gold

Honest Question...Is the NRA blocking people of interest from FBI restriction?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WILD_PHIL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2016
    I didn't comment on the no fly list that I can recall. However this isn't an NRA issue. It's an issue inside our government dealing with the lack of info being passed between federal departments, in this case the ATF and FBI. Had both of those departments been communicating with each other this asshat would have never been able to purchase a gun legally. But let's say they did communicate this but because of current laws they couldn't decline his application to purchase a gun. I'm sure the NRA would be more than willing to add a law to the law stating something a long the lines of, if you're on any watch list for any type of terrorism then you will be declined for purchase of any type of firearm. organizations such as the NRA are there for the protection of law abiding citizens rights to the second amendment. As we all know rules are made after things go wrong, this is the opportunity to add a law restricting people on terror watch lists from purchasing. Not going after every single gun owner. Every move towards more bans and regulations on guns is exactly that, a move to make it harder for us to get guns. We need to attack the sitautions and not the tools used to commit these acts.

There are others here a heck of a lot more knowledgeable on this subject than I am.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I didn't comment on the no fly list that I can recall. However this isn't an NRA issue. It's an issue inside our government dealing with the lack of info being passed between federal departments, in this case the ATF and FBI. Had both of those departments been communicating with each other this asshat would have never been able to purchase a gun legally.

Yes he would have. He broke no laws and was not a prohibited person.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I didn't comment on the no fly list that I can recall. However this isn't an NRA issue. It's an issue inside our government dealing with the lack of info being passed between federal departments, in this case the ATF and FBI. Had both of those departments been communicating with each other this asshat would have never been able to purchase a gun legally. But let's say they did communicate this but because of current laws they couldn't decline his application to purchase a gun. I'm sure the NRA would be more than willing to add a law to the law stating something a long the lines of, if you're on any watch list for any type of terrorism then you will be declined for purchase of any type of firearm. organizations such as the NRA are there for the protection of law abiding citizens rights to the second amendment. As we all know rules are made after things go wrong, this is the opportunity to add a law restricting people on terror watch lists from purchasing. Not going after every single gun owner. Every move towards more bans and regulations on guns is exactly that, a move to make it harder for us to get guns. We need to attack the sitautions and not the tools used to commit these acts.

There are others here a heck of a lot more knowledgeable on this subject than I am.

Nobody should be prohibited without due process, period. Nobody. Ever.

Why not issue a DELAY and have a chat with him?

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Once again, if you allow people to be put on a list and thus lose their constitutional rights, people like Obama will eventually put us all on the list. All without Due Process.
    And think of what that will do to used gun prices, if you can't buy from a dealer. Straw purchases will go thru the roof. Again people like Obama (and there are many of them) would use the unintended consequences to nationalize gun sales rules and then They Win. The days of compromise are over. And the I have mine eff you attitude is an Obama loving vote.

WILD_PHIL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2016
    Well I can certainly respect that. But there's no law against being sympathetic to ISIS. With that being said there's a direct correlation between being sympathetic to ISIS and killing people in the US. My problem is very few of us will ever give anyone a reason to look at us as terrorist. Regardless of faith, nationality, or anything else. There are millions of Muslims here that will never be looked at as terrorist. So if someone gives the US government a reason to look at them for being a terrorist then they shouldn't be allowed to by a gun. Again I think that should apply to everyone. Just my opinion. Due process shouldn't apply I'm issues regarding terrorism because it's to damn easy to live your life and never be looked at like a terrorist.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Well I can certainly respect that. But there's no law against being sympathetic to ISIS. With that being said there's a direct correlation between being sympathetic to ISIS and killing people in the US. My problem is very few of us will ever give anyone a reason to look at us as terrorist. Regardless of faith, nationality, or anything else. There are millions of Muslims here that will never be looked at as terrorist. So if someone gives the US government a reason to look at them for being a terrorist then they shouldn't be allowed to by a gun. Again I think that should apply to everyone. Just my opinion. Due process shouldn't apply I'm issues regarding terrorism because it's to damn easy to live your life and never be looked at like a terrorist.

Looks like you got your wish, as the NRA just caved in on guns.

The National Riffle Association said Wednesday that anyone on a federal terrorism watch list who tries to buy a gun should not only be investigated by the FBI, but the sale should be delayed during the ongoing investigation

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX

Until, of course, conservative gun owners are "potential terrorists" who should go on watch lists.

To be very clear, you support infringement of the Fifth Amendment?

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Looks like you got your wish, as the NRA just caved in on guns.

The National Riffle Association said Wednesday that anyone on a federal terrorism watch list who tries to buy a gun should not only be investigated by the FBI, but the sale should be delayed during the ongoing investigation

A delay is just that - a delay - and does not ultimately stop a sale.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    No US citizen should be put on ANY list without due process and a chance to dispute it. If there is reason to be on a list then there is reason for prosecution.

sent from an idgit coffeeholic

WILD_PHIL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2016
    Well I'm just talking and looking for enlightenment. Lol You all are bringing up awesome points. This is the first time I've discussed this issue.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    No US citizen should be put on ANY list without due process and a chance to dispute it. If there is reason to be on a list then there is reason for prosecution.

sent from an idgit coffeeholic

And list only affects guns. Terrorist can still buy box cutters, pressure cookers, Fertilizer, and live next door to you. Winning, Democrat style!

WILD_PHIL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2016
    Well based on the arguments I've read here it seems like the best way to solve this problem is more good guys with more guns?

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Well based on the arguments I've read here it seems like the best way to solve this problem is more good guys with more guns?

In some circumstances, yes. And better cross-agency intelligence sharing. And real investigations with criminal charges filed in public courts.

The answer to the problem is not ever abrogating any of our other rights.

Top Bottom