Gun Zone Deals

Honest Question...Is the NRA blocking people of interest from FBI restriction?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Well I'm just talking and looking for enlightenment. Lol You all are bringing up awesome points. This is the first time I've discussed this issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Re-read the bill of rights and think of it as layers: the first amendment is the core, the second protects the first, and so on. It imparts understanding of why abrogating one undermines all.
    Capitol Armory ad

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Re-read the bill of rights and think of it as layers: the first amendment is the core, the second protects the first, and so on.

Except it isn't.

The first amendment was supposed to be the third, the proposed second amendment is actually the 27th....

In other words, they are not layered, but ordered by date of ratification.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The National Riffle Association said Wednesday that anyone on a federal terrorism watch list who tries to buy a gun should not only be investigated by the FBI, but the sale should be delayed during the ongoing investigation
    Dumbass cuckservatives!

Is there a complaint number, or email, or fax number?

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    It's gonna pass so may as well get in front of it and get some protections in. I believe they are requesting a max of a 72hr delay.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    It's gonna pass so may as well get in front of it and get some protections in. I believe they are requesting a max of a 72hr delay.

It won't pass. The FBI doesn't want to give anyone who's on the list any indication they're on the list. Failing a NICS check with no explainable reason would pique that curiosity and potentially pre-alert people.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Looks like you got your wish, as the NRA just caved in on guns.

The National Riffle Association said Wednesday that anyone on a federal terrorism watch list who tries to buy a gun should not only be investigated by the FBI, but the sale should be delayed during the ongoing investigation

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160615/nra-statement-on-terror-watchlists

Fairfax, Va.— The executive director of the National Rifle Association's Institute for Legislative Action, Chris W. Cox, released the following statement regarding terror watchlists:
    We are happy to meet with Donald Trump. The NRA's position on this issue has not changed.
    The NRA believes that terrorists should not be allowed to purchase or possess firearms, period. Anyone on a terror watchlist who tries to buy a gun should be thoroughly investigated by the FBI and the sale delayed while the investigation is ongoing. If an investigation uncovers evidence of terrorist activity or involvement, the government should be allowed to immediately go to court, block the sale, and arrest the terrorist.
    At the same time, due process protections should be put in place that allow law-abiding Americans who are wrongly put on a watchlist to be removed. That has been the position of Sen. John Cornyn (R.-Tex.) and a majority of the U.S. Senate. Sadly, President Obama and his allies would prefer to play politics with this issue.

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    It won't pass. The FBI doesn't want to give anyone who's on the list any indication they're on the list. Failing a NICS check with no explainable reason would pique that curiosity and potentially pre-alert people.

People regularly find out when they can't buy airline tickets. Even the 5 year olds. ;)

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    a) There is no due process on any of those lists. People get on there and never know why.
    b) There is plenty of empirical evidence showing the lists do nothing anyways.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    With NRA and Trump on board it could pass. Pig headed-ness of Democrats trying to add more and not settling for the simple win is our only chance.

Naturally we get nothing in return like 50 state carry for CHL.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Seems to me after each disaster too many people are willing to give up more rights and privacies in the name of security. I would rather provide my own security, not have it taken away.

Top Bottom