• Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    [h=1]Stopping the spread of deadly assault weapons[/h]
    [h=2]Stay informed[/h]
    In January, Senator Feinstein will introduce a bill to stop the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition feeding devises.
    To receive updates on this legislation, click here.

[h=2]Press releases[/h]

[h=2]Summary of 2013 legislation[/h]
    Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:

• Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
      • 120 specifically-named firearms
      • Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic
      • Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds
    • Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
      • Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test
      • Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test
      • Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans
    • Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
    • Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
      • Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment
      • Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes and
      • Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons
    • Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
      • Background check of owner and any transferee;
      • Type and serial number of the firearm;
      • Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
      • Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
      • Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration
    A pdf of the bill summary is available here.

Assault Weapons - Issues - United States Senator Dianne Feinstein
    Capitol Armory ad

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    Use of the word "transfer" suggests you cannot even receive it as a gift or as part of an inheritance. Wonder if that word is defined further in Feinstein's draft proposal. Also seems to conflict with the proposed background check for "transferees" of grandfathered firearms. Then again, it may be just the way the summary proposal is written. I have yet to see a full draft of the proposal anywhere online.

Also, is there a list somewhere of the "120 specifically-named firearms" that are proposed to be banned? What about the list of 900 exempt firearms? Can't seem to find these lists anywhere either.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Hot----Feinstein New Assualt Weapons Bill

I don't think she's got a chance in hell.
    Her first ban was a flop.

"Those who appease a tiger do so in hope that the tiger will eat them last."
    -Winston Churchill

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    NRA or similar organizations needs to take a tougher and offensive stance. Dig deep and find out if this petridish has ever had done any law evading deeds and exploit it like hell thru media. There has to be something.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress

I hope/pray you're right Scap.

I think her version is "bad cop".
    Big O will release his "friendlier" version as "good cop".

Hers will be rough, dry, and with a ball gag.
    His will be without the ball gag.

-Winston Churchill

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress

NRA or similar organizations needs to take a tougher and offensive stance. Dig deep and find out if this petridish has ever had done any law evading deeds and exploit it like hell thru media. There has to be something.

Here's where we find out that the NRA needs gun control to continue its own existence.

They will compromise. They always have. Because if they truly succeeded in repealing all gun laws back to the 2A, they are no longer needed.

-Winston Churchill

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I am going to sell all my crap while I can. Gonna drop down to 1 rifle, 1 handgun, and 1 shotgun.
    Prob stick with the least "ban"able guns I have: 1 revolver,1pump sbottie, and my bolt gun.

At least the market should be good for it.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I believe I read it that we have a until the end of january so both republicans and democrats can
    come up with a compromise.

Makes sense. Stick a plan out there that is so ridiculous that people get afraid and want compromise, then you start the compromise at such a crazy ass place that the watered down bill winds up pretty strong. She may be a bitch, but shes a smart bitch. Hopefully this goes nowhere.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    You used the words "Hot" and "Feinstein" in the same sentence. Why? My brain hurts now.

And yeah. If this legislation passes, then we need to replace each and every congressman that votes for it. Their oath of office involves protecting the Constitution, not wiping their butts with it.

Top Bottom