• ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Why would I not be able to shoot it?

I have my own range, nobody knows if my guns are registered, I'd be willing to bet half my neighbors wouldn't either.
    All it takes is one report of someone hearing "auto fire" and the ATF will find some authoritarian judge to sign off on a search warrant.

I have my own range, too, but the last time I was out shooting my AK the sheriff's dept showed up to my house. Said they heard reports of "automatic fire" :p
    Of course the deputies were cool when I told them that it was just a fast finger on a semi-auto AK, but it bothered me that they felt they had to "come check it out just to be sure." Bothered me even more that apparently one of my neighbors (only have about three that would have been in ear shot) called in to report "automatic fire."
    Target Sports

Jazkal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Forgive my ignorance...

... but is it true that you can add to a Gun Trust firearms that were purchased BEFORE the trust was created?

You would be moving ownership of the firearms from you (current owner) to the new owner (gun trust).

IANAL, but I do have a trust.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    The rumored legislation is supposed to limit a person who legally owns a "black rifle" from selling it. It would also impose a tax levy similar to class three firearms. If the owner dies, the firearm would have to be relinquished to the Government for disposal. Rumors are flying everywhere and have all kinds of different opinions. I feel some kind of politican BS will be imposed as a show to the public that the politicians care, but I feel any meaningful restrictions will not pass due to the broad second amendment support of the general public. Politians are well groomed in the balancing act between politican change and public support. I guess we will see soon enough.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    So if the owner dies, he can't will his legally-owned property to his kids, it has to be turned over the Big Brother? That violates every concept of private property...and the 5th and 2nd Amendments of the US Constitution. Not surprising with the buffoons we have in power right now.

Screw that.

r-gray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plano, TX
    So if the owner dies, he can't will his legally-owned property to his kids, it has to be turned over the Big Brother? That violates every concept of private property...and the 5th and 2nd Amendments of the US Constitution. Not surprising with the buffoons we have in power right now.

Screw that.

No kidding. Screw that. But that post was corect - that's what they seem to be going for with the AR's.

jbgramps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Austin
    I’ve heard so much about what “might” be in new gun restrictions I can’t keep up.

- Buying ammo would have to be face-to-face. No more online ammo sales. (Bill already filed)
    - Gun type bans, including semi auto rifles and high cap mags for all guns[ including parts.
    - Registration of existing semi-auto rifles and high cap pistols.
    - Outlaw mags over 10 rounds for everything.
    - Require ALL gun sales/trades have a background check.
    - Various tax’s on some guns and ammo.
    - Tighter restriction on where a firearm can be carried.
    - Required training for owning/carrying a weapon.
    - Insurance requirement for gun owners. (I guess a new type of “gun” insurance).
    - Ban online gun sales.
    - No ability to will or give a weapon to one of your survivors (part of gun ban).

I’m sure I missed several ideas the gun grabbers have up their sleeve. But my question is: What is more likely to be included in new gun restriction laws (if it happens)?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Hi cap mag bans,

background check required for private sales

I think those have the best chance, just a guess though.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Called my congressman Pete Olson. I was told he hasn't stated any opinion on assualt weapons ban, But is a firm supporter of 2nd Amendment. I told lady answering phone that I have supported him in past and I am firmly against any Ban. She took name and zipcode and thanked me for calling.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Seeing the words "Hot" and "Feinstein" used in the same title makes me throw up in my mouth ... just sayin'

SouthpawARM4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Harker Heights
    All I have to state anymore is after reviewing all documentation that this "Assault Weapons Ban" would prevent additional violent gun crimes is 100% inaccurate. Here I have listed all my points to point out why this bill will not prevent additional crimes nor will it prevent any travesty like that which took place in Aurora, CO, or Sandy Hook.

1. Will this Assault Weapons Ban prevent known criminals from attaining Illegal weapons?
    2. Will this Assault Weapons Ban help citizens protect themselves from attacks by armed convicts?
    3. Will this Assault Weapons Ban assist local Law Enforcement agencies respond to crimes faster?
    4. Will this Assault Weapons Ban prevent the Government from selling them Illegally to other Country's?
    5. Does this Bill show the people how it will prevent future criminal crimes?
    6. Is registering our weapons going to prevent crimes? Or will it allow criminals access to know who has weapons and who doesn't.
    7. Do we as citizens of the US truly believe that this Bill will do what the members of Congress say and believe it will do.

I am not sure that this current "Assault Weapons Ban" will do any good, based on the facts of the '94 Assault weapons ban in California. I still have not seen any documented proof that assault weapons were actually used in gun violence in California. Pre & Post of that weapons ban.
    I would love to see this list of approved and banned weapons that are listed, yet, have not found any listing or anyone who has seen the listing.
    Yet I have to say is this, this Bill has not shown me in anyway how it will prevent known criminals from attaining weapons, nor does it show me how with this Ban that "Assault Weapon" violence will drop in any numbers. During my studies of history, the term "Assault Weapon" was used to label many articles used in assaults, the most common "Assault Weapon" was never a firearm until the late '60 early '70s. the most recorded use of the term "Assault Weapon" was actually a baseball bat.
    Its information like this we as gun owners should ask people who are totally 100% for a Fire Arms Ban and if it will stop crime as they believe it will.

Top Bottom