• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • r-gray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plano, TX
    Obama could try to do whatever he wants, but it's my understanding that executive orders usually direct the actions of federal agencies. So, the executive order to track multiple sales of rifles in states bordering Mexico was an order to the BATFE. I think that would be tough to do for an assault weapons ban, but Obama could cook up some scheme involving the FBI, BATFE and Commerce Dept. Who knows? I think our best bet is for the Republicans in the Senate to make it clear they will filibuster any AWB Feinstein proposes, and the Republicans in the House will not even put it up for a vote.
    Scary. The Democrats are masters. Obama's machine is masterful. We'll get four more years of beatings. We have nobody to beat them. I'm expecting eight years of Hilary after Obama...and I'd take her over Biden, Schumer, etc. We're in for years of beatings. We have nobody. We can't win...we're not media savvy, we're not "cool", we're not "pro woman", etc. We've been painted as an outdated picture. Perception is everything these days.
    Military Camp

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Scary. The Democrats are masters. Obama's machine is masterful. We'll get four more years of beatings. We have nobody to beat them. I'm expecting eight years of Hilary after Obama...and I'd take her over Biden, Schumer, etc. We're in for years of beatings. We have nobody. We can't win...we're not media savvy, we're not "cool", we're not "pro woman", etc. We've been painted as an outdated picture. Perception is everything these days.

Speak for yourself. I will not ever consider my self beaten. I will continue to stand tall and fight for my liberty and freedom. I do have somebody and I am not alone in my fight.

You sound like you have given up and if that is the case, you have been beaten but please do not include others in your surrender.

r-gray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plano, TX
    Speak for yourself. I will not ever consider my self beaten. I will continue to stand tall and fight for my liberty and freedom. I do have somebody and I am not alone in my fight.

You sound like you have given up and if that is the case, you have been beaten but please do not include others in your surrender.
    I didn't say or imply anything about being "self-beaten".

I lament the fact that the Democratic machine can win elections with no real plans but just shallow hype. We've lost again and are in for more beatings. They've got more power and they will use it to the extent that they can. This isn't surrender, it's facing the facts. The fight continues. Maybe next time...but I don't see who we have that can beat that masterful machine.

The Democrats have become masters at winning elections.
    The Republicans are better at what's good for the country, but not better at winning. Winning is what counts.

Last edited:

r-gray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plano, TX
    Dude - then go sit in the corner and whine to yourself. Me - if they want MINE, it's gonna be after the fight - and I'm not giving an inch!
    No I will not go and sit in the corner and whine. I'm facing the facts. What I said doesn't even remotely mean there will be no fight.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I didn't say or imply anything about being "self-beaten".

I lament the fact that the Democratic machine can win elections with no real plans but just shallow hype. We've lost again and are in for more beatings. They've got more power and they will use it to the extent that they can. This isn't surrender, it's facing the facts. The fight continues. Maybe next time...but I don't see who we have that can beat that masterful machine.

The Democrats have become masters at winning elections.
    The Republicans are better at what's good for the country, but not better at winning. Winning is what counts.

You said

S We have nobody. We can't win....

Anyone who resigns their self to defeat when the battle has barely begun is doomed to lose.

You are crying about how terrible the situation is while giving no evidence that you have made an effort to fight back.

Sounds like you consider yourself beaten to me.

The Dems are masters of nothing, Obama one by 4% of the popular vote which was a much lower margin than his last electoral victory. You need to stop watching CNN, I think it's starting to get to you.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    No I will not go and sit in the corner and whine. I'm facing the facts. What I said doesn't even remotely mean there will be no fight.

Okay...so factually, what ban has been placed in effect in the past 30 days affecting us in Texas? NONE - THAT is a fact. The rest is "maybe" - and just maybe not. So yes - be prepared to fight, but what you're presenting is gonna qualify you for the first Eeyore award of 2013.....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlxibQsu5cGysngTmyrLZEMR0o2gww79OlE6KFWrVhoruJeUJd4Q.jpg

r-gray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plano, TX
    You said

Anyone who resigns their self to defeat when the battle has barely begun is doomed to lose.

You are crying about how terrible the situation is while giving no evidence that you have made an effort to fight back.

Sounds like you consider yourself beaten to me.

The Dems are masters of nothing, Obama one by 4% of the popular vote which was a much lower margin than his last electoral victory. You need to stop watching CNN, I think it's starting to get to you.

Obama put a lot more people on food stamps, etc. last time. This growth of dependency will continue - locking in more democratic votes. Yes its only my opinion that they'll win next time. The facts are that they just won again, and they will work to grow government and it's control even further. One or two more supreme court appointees will result in a new "interpretation" of the 2nd amendment.

For now I expect them to chip away at it piece by piece. I really believe they want to ban guns from the general populace entirely, a piece at a time.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Like I said: Why?

They can not trace the guns to you, and they sure as hell will not be going house-to-house conducting searches, so why register?

I sure as hell will NOT.
    Well as long as you keep it in the attic and never shoot it or otherwise enjoy it, then you should be fine. If someone reports that they "heard semi-auto fire" or saw you with an "assault weapon" then they'll find some judge to sign off on a search warrant and pull a Ruby Ridge on your ass. They'll get away with it too because the media will portray you as a "lone nut", and all the law abiding gun owners on the internet will say "herpaderp well, he should registered it!"

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Really, what about the small percentage(millions) of gun owners who also choose not to register.

The derps will register and those doors will be the first that are knocked on when confiscation starts, which is the only reason for registration in the first place.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Really, what about the small percentage(millions) of gun owners who also choose not to register.
    Cool, so you don't register your AR or whatever... Now what? Do you ever get to take it out and practice with it ever again?

There will never be door to door confiscation; there is just no logistical way to implement that. If registration does happen, the anti-freedom authoritarians will be perfectly content with the occasional raid and the stigma the media will happily place on the people they take police action against. Slowly turning everyone that could stand up to them into convicted felons and causing the rest to go further into hiding serves their agenda quite well.

I really don't have a good answer to what we should do if registration happens. If it does I feel that we are screwed either way.

r-gray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plano, TX
    Cool, so you don't register your AR or whatever... Now what? Do you ever get to take it out and practice with it ever again?

There will never be door to door confiscation; there is just no logistical way to implement that. If registration does happen, the anti-freedom authoritarians will be perfectly content with the occasional raid and the stigma the media will happily place on the people they take police action against. Slowly turning everyone that could stand up to them into convicted felons and causing the rest to go further into hiding serves their agenda quite well.

I really don't have a good answer to what we should do if registration happens. If it does I feel that we are screwed either way.

I wouldn't put door-to-door confiscation past this administration. They could do a neighboorhood at a time...sweeping the walls, floors, and ceilings with a metal detector. Random timing. It would take a long time, but many would just get tired of being nervous and will comply. They could start with high- probability targets, like people on gun forums! They can find out where the computers we use reside.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Why would I not be able to shoot it?

I have my own range, nobody knows if my guns are registered, I'd be willing to bet half my neighbors wouldn't either.

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    Here's what was said/spoken about Ted Cruz today on television (FOX NEWS SUNDAY):

"Ted Cruz is also really bummed out by the tragedy in Sandy Hook, but it was still an acceptable level of casualties and he doesn't want a whole lot of new gun control, save for maybe the improvement of the federal database that monitors criminals and mentally ill people. He is actually offended that policy makers even wanted to respond to the Sandy Hook tragedy with policymaking".

TV SoundOff: Sunday Talking Heads

Ted Cruz: New Gun Control Proposals 'Unconstitutional' (VIDEO)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/06/ted-cruz-gun-control-unconstitutional_n_2420727.html

Last edited:

r-gray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plano, TX
    Okay...so factually, what ban has been placed in effect in the past 30 days affecting us in Texas? NONE ...
    I never said there had been a ban in TX within the last 30 days. I speak of upcoming gun control in the near future. I believe there will be effects in TX...and it's my opinion it will be a little at a time.

Top Bottom