• ...and so much more!
  • scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Fwiw.
    I rejoined GOA last night. Not sure why I ever let the membership lapse.

Going to join JPFO, right now.

"Those who appease a tiger do so in hope that the tiger will eat them last."
    -Winston Churchill
    Gun Zone Deals

Rifleman55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    That will be doa. It is not going to happen. The Congress people remember what happend when the last one passed.

makeitcount

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    fort worth
    I agree that a grassroots movement has to speak up. The silent majority can't be any more. Having said that So y'all know I do send my us & state reps email voicing my concerns. My doubts are that we don't have enough people doing that forcing the organizations to do it for us. In other words our complacency as the "silents" hasn't changed. We all all need to our part. The soap box is open.

smartass phone acknowledgement

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I agree that a grassroots movement has to speak up. The silent majority can't be any more. Having said that So y'all know I do send my us & state reps email voicing my concerns. My doubts are that we don't have enough people doing that forcing the organizations to do it for us. In other words our complacency as the "silents" hasn't changed. We all all need to our part. The soap box is open.

Totally agree that we as individuals need to be in front of our elected representatives more. The problem is that many if not most gun owners do not want to call attention to themselves to ANYONE in government including those who are 'supposed' to protect our rights.

I also fear that the 'silent majority' is not quite as major as we might want it to be. The last Presidential and Senate seat losses suggest that we may in fact now belong to the 'silent minority'.

makeitcount

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    fort worth
    Nothing in your stand up notation has to say that you are a gun owner but a 2nd amend rights supporter. I too am concernef about how much data to put out there for "big brother" & others to collect.

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX

Well said. I've TWICE e-mailed my Representative and Senator Cornyn and have recently e-mailed Senator-elect Cruz with my comments and concerns about Senator Feinstein's proposal and gun control laws in general. I urge the rest of y'all to do the same if you haven't already. And although no one visits, much less reads, my little blog in a small corner of cyberspace, I've also written my piece on the same. I figure since I don't host a radio talk show or a TV show, I might as well seek any other alternative means to express my concerns on this issue.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    My Facebook page is the most active it has been in probably a year. I try to post whatever I can to let people know just what Feinstein is trying to do. I bring it up with everyone I talk to and urge every one to join the fight.

One of the best things that anyone can do is spread the word and get others involved.

TwinGlocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Houston
    We're already feeling the effects of this proposal. I went to the gunshow today and prices have shot through the roof:

FN S.C.A.R. $4500 today, $2600-3000 2 weeks ago
    FN FS2000 $3000 today, $1700-2000 2 weeks ago
    AR-15 stripped lowers $400 today, $100-150 2 weeks ago
    FN PS90 $3000 today, $1400-$1500 2 weeks ago
    AK-47 $1200 today, $500-600 2 weeks ago
    Colt AR-15 LE model $2000 today, $1300 2 weeks ago
    AK-47 75 round drum magazine $300 today, $80 2 weeks ago
    Glock 33 round magazines $100 today, $35 2 weeks ago

I also saw numerous other "assault weapons" with significantly increased prices at anywhere from a few hundred to a thousand dollars more.

This was the line to get into the gunshow:

gunshow line.jpg

I really hope this proposal fails.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Assume this passes in this form. (It won't. This is just a thought experiment.)

The phrase "large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds" is not adequately defined but appears to refer only to detachable devices, such as when you have the mega-bucks necessary to convert an AR to belt-feed and you hang a 250-round box under it. Let's assume, then, that this part of the summary is for detachable components only.

Manually operated arms are exempt.

Blind magazine weapons (like those break-open ARs with fixed magazines that were sold to beat the California regs) are limited to 10 rounds only if they are semi-automatic.

Given the above, how long will it take a major gun maker to get to market with a pump-action rifle; top ejecting and loading; loaded via stripper clips; equipped with a permanently attached, blind 30-round magazine; and including a rail forward of the action to enable set up in the "scout" style? I'd even give it a three-position safety - safe; fire, but with a trigger re-set required; and fire without a trigger re-set. I realize it's been 50+ years since pump shotguns were built this way, but my old Model 12 (and most pumps of that era) will fire as soon as you slam the forend forward if you keep the trigger back. You can empty the thing almost as fast as a semi-auto.

It's always funny to see gun laws written by people who know so little about guns. This one is a real hoot.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    From what I have read, her bill also includes a ban on blind magazines in excess of 10 rnds only excluding tubular magazine on lever actions and .22s.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Feinstein's bill is of course going to over-reach as much as possible because she knows it will get ripped to shreds when it reaches the house. What she is doing is packing it with negotiation pieces. Feinstein knows she doesn't have a prayer of getting every provision she's included passed so she adds a bunch of fluff that she can later agree to remove if other key provisions are allowed to remain.

It's a classic negotiating technique. I wouldn't waste my energy getting all worried about pieces of the Bill that have been leaked to or fabricated by the press. It's all really just menus has minutia at this point.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Feinstein's bill is of course going to over-reach as much as possible because she knows it will get ripped to shreds when it reaches the house. What she is doing is packing it with negotiation pieces. Feinstein knows she doesn't have a prayer of getting every provision she's included passed so she adds a bunch of fluff that she can later agree to remove if other key provisions are allowed to remain.

It's a classic negotiating technique. I wouldn't waste my energy getting all worried about pieces of the Bill that have been leaked to or fabricated by the press. It's all really just menus has minutia at this point.
    There are no give points here though.

Dust

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Mito, Japan/Georgetown, Texas

Busted: Mark Levin Exposes Dianne Feinstein On Gun Control - YouTube

Even worse/better

Sen. Dianne Feinstein Profile - Profile of Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, Respected Moderate - Dianne Feinstein Biography

Senator Feinstein is a staunch gun control advocate. Despite her stance, in the 1970s, she obtained a concealed firearms carry permit, and carried a handgun with her. A CCW permit was then rare in California, and was the only such permit in San Francisco. At the time, she was the target of a terrorist group that had shot out all the windows in her home. She no longer carries a gun.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That's conflicting with other stories concerning the nature of her being attacked.

Every other quote I have seen says a bomb was left on her porch which didn't go off. She later remarked "what if they had used an AK47 and shot out my windows".

Of course I wouldn't be surprised if it was all fabricated and wouldn't trust that bitch if she told me water was wet.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    " But if Congress balks at banning certain weapons entirely, it could make gun owners an offer they can’t refuse. Instead of $200 a gun, Uncle Sam might offer $500.”

Bwahahaha, they are so dumb.

Libs: "Lets offer half the value of a standard AR with no accessories, that's sure to work"

Dumbasses.

Top Bottom