• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    " But if Congress balks at banning certain weapons entirely, it could make gun owners an offer they can’t refuse. Instead of $200 a gun, Uncle Sam might offer $500.”

Bwahahaha, they are so dumb.

Libs: "Lets offer half the value of a standard AR with no accessories, that's sure to work"

Dumbasses.

It works pretty well when the offer is "take this $500, or we'll shoot you."

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Somehow I doubt that would work as well in the US.

I personally would not take to kindly to that sort of demand and would likely respond with a similar ultimatum.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    That might just be most folks tipping point.
    A lot of us are feeling the effects of Big O's economic disASSter. Then when some of these folks are told, well, your collections worth $10K, but we're going to give you $2k for it...I see tempers flaring up big time.

Gun owners outnumber the .gov by at least 500 to 1, maybe more, if only 1% were angry enough to flip out, that's still 5:1 odds...this could get real real ugly.

poolingmyignorance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    houston
    That might just be most folks tipping point.
    A lot of us are feeling the effects of Big O's economic disASSter. Then when some of these folks are told, well, your collections worth $10K, but we're going to give you $2k for it...I see tempers flaring up big time.

Gun owners outnumber the .gov by at least 500 to 1, maybe more, if only 1% were angry enough to flip out, that's still 5:1 odds...this could get real real ugly.
    And our full military might can barely handle some lesser armed lesser educated insurgents and taliban in the middle east. What do you really think the odds are of a few 1,000 cops scattered throught the country are going to go and murder their nieghbors in the middle of the night to steal their guns. And despite what Sen. Fatswine has to say, thats exactly what it would be: Theft and Murder.
    Now is the time to write your reps, sen, and speakers. It's numbers game, your letter doesn't have to be eloquent, brilliant or persuasive, just clear on your position. Your letter will be read by your adresses correspondents and calculated into a statitic to which they believe will ensure them the most votes and subsquently another year of employment.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Does anyone have a conservative estimate on the number rifles that would have to be registered? The numbers are staggering. Even if the registration process was enacted it would take years to review and approve the paperwork. This is an issue that would divide our country like nothing else in it's history.
    It will be interesting to see how the industry responds at the SHOT show in 2 weeks. There should be some interesting revelations from the manufacturers...

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    On Fox News Sunday 12/30/12

She has a good point, I'm tired of walking down my podunk city streets and tripping over all the military weapons lying around.
    /sarcasm

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Well, I think I keep hearing the number of ARs out there is about 3.5 million. Add the that AKs and SKS and that number will probably almost double. I also saw that she wants to go after pistols with threaded barrels so you can add that number. Then there are all the HKs, FNs, UZIs, etc.

Then subtract the number of folks who would refuse to register. I figure about 25% on the conservative side.

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    Well, I think I keep hearing the number of ARs out there is about 3.5 million. Add the that AKs and SKS and that number will probably almost double. I also saw that she wants to go after pistols with threaded barrels so you can add that number. Then there are all the HKs, FNs, UZIs, etc.

Then subtract the number of folks who would refuse to register. I figure about 25% on the conservative side.
    The way she has the law written anything capabable of accepting a magazine larger than 10 rounds would need to be registered.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    One conservative estimate puts lawful gun owners at approximately fifty to eighty million.

If just two percent of fifty million (One million) refused to comply with that law and actively resisted in self defense ... (draw your own conclusions).

The founders knew from their own experience that it only takes a small fraction of the people to successfully wage an insurrection against a superior force. That is why they wrote the Second Amendment into the Constitution; and the clause "well regulated militia" was then understood to be the people (militia) being well supplied/equipped (regulated).

SouthpawARM4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Harker Heights
    Well from what I have seen and been studding through my LE training/degree, I do not see this passing.
    The California bill went into affect but as they have stated multiple of times, there is no recorded instances of Military Assault weapons being used in crimes. There were times when the Democratic party would flag around paperwork that demonstrated that it had a big impact, but the ATF and the FBI both stated they had never done such research and by the time the bill passed back in 94 crime was already dropping dramatically. And a majority of the armed assaults were limited in fire arms use.
    And in time if this were passed what would be next is the question we should ask our selves. What would be next for us to loose?

r-gray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plano, TX
    The way she has the law written anything capabable of accepting a magazine larger than 10 rounds would need to be registered.

I believe a handgun that has detachable mags would qualify for registration if it had an additional military characteristic. That's how i read it.

r-gray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plano, TX
    Well from what I have seen and been studding through my LE training/degree, I do not see this passing.
    The California bill went into affect but as they have stated multiple of times, there is no recorded instances of Military Assault weapons being used in crimes. There were times when the Democratic party would flag around paperwork that demonstrated that it had a big impact, but the ATF and the FBI both stated they had never done such research and by the time the bill passed back in 94 crime was already dropping dramatically. And a majority of the armed assaults were limited in fire arms use.
    And in time if this were passed what would be next is the question we should ask our selves. What would be next for us to loose?

What about an executive order? Do they really need C
    ongress?

ScorpionHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Driftwood
    What about an executive order? Do they really need C
    ongress?
    Obama could try to do whatever he wants, but it's my understanding that executive orders usually direct the actions of federal agencies. So, the executive order to track multiple sales of rifles in states bordering Mexico was an order to the BATFE. I think that would be tough to do for an assault weapons ban, but Obama could cook up some scheme involving the FBI, BATFE and Commerce Dept. Who knows? I think our best bet is for the Republicans in the Senate to make it clear they will filibuster any AWB Feinstein proposes, and the Republicans in the House will not even put it up for a vote.

ArchonXD40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Louisiana
    :mad:

This was published today.Illinois bill to ban all modern firearms.

Quote:
    Press release:

“The ISRA has learned from a credible source that Illinois Senate President John Cullerton [above] will introduce a so called ‘assault weapons’ ban on Wednesday when the legislature returns for its ‘lame duck’ session. Cullerton hopes to ramrod the bill through and get it to Governor Quinn for signature by Friday. If he is successful at doing so, nearly every gun you currently own will be banned and will be subject to confiscation by the Illinois State Police . . .

“Based on what we know about Cullerton’s bill, firearms that would be banned include all semiautomatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns. Pump action shotguns would be banned as well. This would be a very comprehensive ban that would include not only so-called ‘assault weapons’ but also such classics as M1 Garands and 1911-based pistols. There would be no exemptions and no grandfathering. You would have a very short window to turn in your guns to the State Police to avoid prosecution.”

Last edited:

Radarscratch

I void warranties.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Westminster
    The scary thing here is that the 2nd Amendement gaurentees our right to own a firearm, just not what kind. I am amazed that these nuts think murders and violent crime would simply go away if all firearms were banned.

I.wont give up mine to this lunacy.

Last edited:

kaiserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Mansfield, Texas
    :mad:

This was published today.Illinois bill to ban all modern firearms.

Quote:
    Press release:

“The ISRA has learned from a credible source that Illinois Senate President John Cullerton [above] will introduce a so called ‘assault weapons’ ban on Wednesday when the legislature returns for its ‘lame duck’ session. Cullerton hopes to ramrod the bill through and get it to Governor Quinn for signature by Friday. If he is successful at doing so, nearly every gun you currently own will be banned and will be subject to confiscation by the Illinois State Police . . .

“Based on what we know about Cullerton’s bill, firearms that would be banned include all semiautomatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns. Pump action shotguns would be banned as well. This would be a very comprehensive ban that would include not only so-called ‘assault weapons’ but also such classics as M1 Garands and 1911-based pistols. There would be no exemptions and no grandfathering. You would have a very short window to turn in your guns to the State Police to avoid prosecution.”

Found it ISRA Urgent Alert - Illinois Near Total Gun Ban January 2nd!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Sad thing is that they already know who owns what do to their FOID BS. Makes me wonder if this will be considered a "test run".

jbgramps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Austin
    On the topic of gun buy backs. I remember when Austin did a gun buy back about a year or so ago. A couple of guys parked on the street and caught people as they were taking their guns in to the police. The guys were buying lots of gun by paying a few more dollars than the cops. So much for getting guns off the street.

Top Bottom