• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    The measure was adopted tentatively last week and Monday's 107-42 vote was largely procedural.

Why is this here in Gun Legislation?

Because this bill is what has been taking most of the focus off the any firearm legislation. Gov. Perry wanted it done first thing. Now we'll get, crossing my fingers, into the other bills out there.
    ARJ Defense ad

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Wow big fucking waste of time. I say let the people who get abortions burn in hell. There will be less liberals.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Wow big fucking waste of time. I say let the people who get abortions burn in hell. There will be less liberals.

How about the unborn that they MURDER? Who shall speak for them? For those, it is not a waste of time. I imagine you are glad YOU survived Roe V Wade.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Unfortunately that baby is screwed whether it gets aborted or not. What does this law actually do by the way?

I'm a bit more radical than most here however. I know quite a bit of wellfare check cashing, food stamp collecting pieces of shit get abortions. I would propose that if they ever accept any entitlement money they are to become sterilized and unable to procreate. They don't have to take the money.

Even if this bill outlaws abortion, the rest of them, that I wouldn't sterilize, will just leave the state to get an abortion so I stand by my opinion that this was a giant waste of time.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas

You know, I'm not going to touch this one.

I'm happy something like this passed, though I wonder if it will change anything.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    True. We have lost this one in court. Don't get me wrong I think abortion is disgusting, just a loosing battle.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    All the bill does is provide extra info to make sure people make an informed decision before killing babies. If you're not worried about babies being killed then there's something wrong with you.

If we're being completely driven by outcomes then we should kill the crackhead parents after the kids are born instead of the kids. Then offer up the kids for adoption to real families who can't have kids. Win-win for society. The adults don't get to drag society in general or their kids down, and the kids get a shot at life.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I thought this was already in place in Texas. I also think it has been upheld by a court too.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    All the bill does is provide extra info to make sure people make an informed decision before killing babies.

I don't buy it. You'd have to be brain-dead to not know what you're getting yourself into with an abortion.

The legislation is clearly meant to dissuade women from having abortions. This means more welfare babies. Hooray.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    All the bill does is provide extra info to make sure people make an informed decision before killing babies. If you're not worried about babies being killed then there's something wrong with you.

If we're being completely driven by outcomes then we should kill the crackhead parents after the kids are born instead of the kids. Then offer up the kids for adoption to real families who can't have kids. Win-win for society. The adults don't get to drag society in general or their kids down, and the kids get a shot at life.

I kind of like his idea...

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    Here's a number, Since 73's Roe vs Wade over 55 million babies have been aborted. That is more lives than all of Americas wars put together or about third of our population. How can a little one have a chance if not given it?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I don't buy it. You'd have to be brain-dead to not know what you're getting yourself into with an abortion.

The legislation is clearly meant to dissuade women from having abortions. This means more welfare babies. Hooray.

I believe it is to combat businsesses like PLanned Parenthood that are nothing more than abortion factories. They spend HUGE sums of money getting women, mostly young women and teens, into their facilities for "parenthood planning" and do nothing more than encourage abortion. There are plenty of families wanting to adopt. Murder should never be a way to reduce welfare, either.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Unfortunately that baby is screwed whether it gets aborted or not.
    Really? Death is better than a chance for adoption? Better than being raised to adulthood?
    Even if this bill outlaws abortion, the rest of them, that I wouldn't sterilize, will just leave the state to get an abortion so I stand by my opinion that this was a giant waste of time.

Perhaps SOME will, but many women who get abortions do not have the means to travel out of state. Remember, you said they are all on welfare.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I believe it is to combat businsesses like PLanned Parenthood that are nothing more than abortion factories. They spend HUGE sums of money getting women, mostly young women and teens, into their facilities for "parenthood planning" and do nothing more than encourage abortion.

Have you ever been to a Planned Parenthood? I have- several times. They perform no abortions whatsoever. If you ask them to do one for you they simply give you a listing of places to have them done, just the same as a telephone operator. Personally I like them. They are a great place to get inexpensive and easily accessible medical services like birth control prescriptions, which greatly reduce abortions.

Murder should never be a way to reduce welfare, either.

Ideally, yes, but this is the real world and oftentimes with young mothers it is either one or the other. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying it is, and it's probably never going away. When we start legislating based on ideals rather than what is we start to slip into the same delusional mindset we accuse liberals of having.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone

No, they will just go to back-alley doctors like they did in the Sixties.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Let's not let this become a fully blown argument FOR or AGAINST abortion. Nothing good can possibly come of it and the thread will just end up getting shut down.

Our opinions have been stated.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    What will stop them from drinking the baby to death if they can't leave the state? Using a clothes hanger? Shop vac? Seriously investigator you give too much credit to this section of humanity.

This law did nothing. A statewide ban, that wouldn't stand trial, wouldn't even help. Just like ledgislating about drugs. They won't go away.

I would support a nationwide ban on abortion, I would charge someone that did a back alley abortion, or self abortion with murder when they seek medical attention. And I would make any welfare parents give the baby up for adoption or forfit their entitlements completely.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Let's not let this become a fully blown argument FOR or AGAINST abortion. Nothing good can possibly come of it and the thread will just end up getting shut down.

Our opinions have been stated.

Good idea.

I hope my statements weren't taken as either and endorsement or condemnation of abortion. I just think this particular legislation is extremely stupid and this state has WAY bigger problems to put at the forefront of this legislative session. As the OP stated, hopefully they will move along to more pertinent issues. Maybe we gun owners will get a few more wins this time around.

Top Bottom