• ...and so much more!
  • jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Good idea.

I hope my statements weren't taken as either and endorsement or condemnation of abortion. I just think this particular legislation is extremely stupid and this state has WAY bigger problems to put at the forefront of this legislative session. As the OP stated, hopefully they will move along to more pertinent issues. Maybe we gun owners will get a few more wins this time around.
    Good points. Well it's out of the way now, one way or another, and we won't be getting the time back.
    Gun Zone Deals

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    What will stop them from drinking the baby to death if they can't leave the state? Using a clothes hanger? Shop vac? Seriously investigator you give too much credit to this section of humanity.
    Seriously, you should be aware that "this section of humanity", whatever that means, are the majority of abortions.

This law did nothing.
    Of course not, it is not a law yet.
    A statewide ban, that wouldn't stand trial, wouldn't even help. Just like ledgislating about drugs. They won't go away.
    MANY people stop or don't do things when they are illegal.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I do have strong feelings as well about the issue. I've let my reps know what I think and they've voted. That said:

This is a gun forum, here I am happy our legislators will get a chance at some of the gun legislation on the docket with this behind them. It was a huge issue to pass one way or anther as evidenced here. Now they can focus on other things.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Hopefully now they can move on to bills that matter
    Me too... I really wish they had saved this bill for last. I'm tired of these hot button issues getting in the way of anything else getting done. Polarizing issues like abortion and gay rights have come to define the "two" parties and the rhetoric from it gets in the way of issues that both sides could easily come to agreements on. There comes a point when people need to agree to disagree and move on to more pertinent items.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Me too... I really wish they had saved this bill for last. I'm tired of these hot button issues getting in the way of anything else getting done. Polarizing issues like abortion and gay rights have come to define the "two" parties and the rhetoric from it gets in the way of issues that both sides could easily come to agreements on. There comes a point when people need to agree to disagree and move on to more pertinent items.

There is nothing more pertinent to the work of any state than basic Human Rights.

The right to boof someone in the arse is no where equivalent to the right to be alive in the first place.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Hopefully now they can move on to bills that matter

That is your opinion (which you are entitled to). To many people this issue is very important, myself included. This bill isn't much, but baby steps. To simply give in to the idea that this is a lost issue and to give up is not right and is exactly what "they" want.

btw, Planned parenthood was started by a eugenisist.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Not too long ago a gentleman called me and asked for my opinion about abortion.
    A subject not easy to discuss. I dont support killing children. We didnt mention the point when life begins, but my opinion, life begins in the womb.
    Abortion should never be used as a form of birth control.
    The subject of sex crimes and disease was brought up. Those are two very difficult subject to debate. Disease may be cured but then again it might not. Sex crimes, well I cant comment on that subject other than voicing my opinion on the punishment to the assailant.
    Anyone who takes it upon themself to create legislation on this subject has got to be a strong individual. The fact the we have very aggressive opinions on both sides of this debate makes it a hard subject to please anyone.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    The right to boof someone in the arse is no where equivalent to the right to be alive in the first place.

BAHAHAHAHAHA I missed this one!!!

Boofing= stay the hell behind closed doors and you boof till your heart is content. But if you bring your gayness into public you'll piss me off. At least these guys wont be getting abortions.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Hitler was a big supporter of eugenics also, I'm not comparing anybody on this site to Hitler.

I knew that one was coming. The German eugenics program was model after America's. America only discontinued it's eugenics when the term became associated with the NSDAP.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom