• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Radioman93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Texas
    I'm looking for a used Glock 30, to buy sometime within the next few months. I'd like a brand new one, of course, but I needa save $$ if possible. If not a Glock 30, then maybe a Ruger 45 ACP revolver. Something 45 ACP and no nonsense, pretty much. A 1911 is on my to buy list also, but I want a 45 ACP in either Glock or a Ruger revolver before the 1911

Add the FNP-45 USG (now FNX-45 see below) to that list. It kinda blends between the striker fired block and the 1911. Its a hammer fired gun that in the USG varriant allows you to decock and place on safe for a da like trigger pull for the first round or carry it cocked and onsafe close to a 1911. You can manipulate the slide while the safety is engaged so its not exactly like a 1911 in function but close. Also its a wide body so its high capacity. I like the 15 rounder personally but it makes it real heavy. I'll add it to the bring list for when we get to shooting again.

Ok so now its called the FNX-45 and it comes with three 14 rnd mags. The kit that I got was the FNP-45 USG kit. Two 14 rnd mags one 15 rnd, mag holster and mag carrier. If you can find the older USG kit I would say go that route. FNP mags are not cheap. I think the lowest I have seen for the 15 rounders was $43 from CDNN.

Radioman

Houston G

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Houston
    Had to chime in here- For anything you can think of - I can get. I own and operate a gun shop in Houston, and my prices are cheaper than anywhere else in town. Simple reason is my shop is fairly small, and I have no employees. I dont do any voodoo to get my prices low, I just dont need to upcharge you to pay commandos to stand around in camo pants wearing 1911s... lol

give me a shout any time any of yall need anything - Houston Gun Blog | The BEST Texas Gun Blog is my main website.

gun sales is like car sales - all the dealers get this stuff for the same prices for the most part. there are particular manufacturers that will deal directly to the dealer, but for the most part you have to deal with a distributor as a ffl dealer.

we do deal directly with sig, and my sig prices are unbeatable. i buy my sigs directly from the sales manager of the southern region of the us!

2-3 weeks lead time on pistols straight off the sig assembly line right now
    rifles.... its gonna be a month or two lol

/shameless non-capitalization utilizing plug complete

blueangel64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Spring
    Went and checked out Cypress Armory this past weekend. For this newbie to the gun world that dont know dit-ly, it was an awesome experience. John and his assistant made me feel extremely comfortable. That's a first for me. Very competitive pricing. Will definitely purchase one(probably many more) firearms and accessories from CA. 10 thumbs up!!

Would really like to check out Houston Gun Forum's place also, for that special Sig purchase.

A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    AJC on the west side in Katy has pretty good deals. I noticed they are slightly higher than the gun shows BUT you dont have to pay for the entry fee and parking so it works out. I was only looking at pistols so could not tell you their prices on rifles and shotguns.

I just stopped in there this weekend. Really nice set up on the guns and gear. They had decent prices on pistols and good prices on magazines and gear.

midnightyell

Makes Aggie Jokes Reality
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    Cypress
    I don't give recommendations unless I've purchased from a vendor. I can offer the following:

Cypress Armory
    I purchased my EoTech 553 from Jon at Cypress Armory. I was new to rifles, especially the AR, so he encouraged me to bring in my AR so he could look it over. He assured me that I had a good weapon and from there, spent about 90 minutes on a Friday afternoon, patiently chatting with me about what I was looking for, what I had, and what I wanted to prioritize.
    We settled on an optic and he walked me through EOTech & Aimpoint's catalogs to help me pick out what I wanted. Nine months later, I still haven't seen a 553 for sale within $20-30 of Jon's price.

Houston Gun Store
    I bought my m1895 Nagant revolver from houstongunsales/houstongunblog/houston gun forum or whatever his name is. The branding is confusing. The gent behind the counter seemed a bit impatient with me as I looked through what he had on the shelf, seemed put out that I was asking him questions while he was busy working on his computer behind the counter, and ignored me when I asked to look over/handle a Beretta Px4 Storm.
    Edit: I then carried out the transaction I was there for, purchasing the revolver. It was quick and the price was good. The weapon was in better condition than advertised.
    When I ask if he carried or knew where to find the fairly unique 7.62 Nagant cartridge, he suggested I use Google to look for the ammo.
    He did however, ask me to join his forum and come back again.
    Edit: He also gave me advice on correcting the address on my CHL and wrote down the DPS website for making the change.

Independence Firearms
    They're out near Brenham, and I've only bought ammo from them so far, but every time I visit, they're polite, attentive and willing to educate if you don't know everything about a specific firearm. (I only know what Grandpa taught me to shoot.) One of the ladies noticed my wife was pregnant at the time and intentionally entertained her with talk of babies and whatnot so I could take my time looking around. Sometimes you'll even find a Washington county sheriff's deputy working the counter, in uniform. No, they don't sell donuts. (kidding!)
    They had several boxes of the 7.62 nagant and when I told them how hard it was to find in a brick and mortar store, they thanked me for letting them know so they can try to find more because they like being able to supply hard to find items.

I've handed out business cards to friends and family on behalf of, and referred business to, two of these stores. I'll let you guess which.
    Edit: I would return to Houston Gun Forum, contrary to what I wrote in my original post.

Dreamliner787

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Houston
    Nice review midnightyell and +1 on Cypress Armory. The level of customer service and prices that John offer is very competitive if not the best around. I too go around checking out different places within the NW Houston area and I always end up back at Cypress Armory to make the buy.

Houston G

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Houston
    I don't give recommendations unless I've purchased from a vendor. I can offer the following:

Houston Gun Store
    I bought my m1895 Nagant revolver from houstongunsales/houstongunblog/houstongunforum or whatever his name is. The branding is confusing. The gent behind the counter seemed a bit impatient with me as I looked through what he had on the shelf, seemed put out that I was asking him questions while he was busy working on his computer behind the counter, and ignored me when I asked to look over/handle a Beretta Px4 Storm.
    When I ask if he carried or knew where to find the fairly unique 7.62 Nagant cartridge, he suggested I use Google to look for the ammo.
    He did however, ask me to join his forum and come back again.

sounds pretty accurate.

i try to ignore every third customer so it was probably just the luck of the draw

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    ive never had an issue the multiple times ive been to hgf, either with ryan or one of the other guys that helps when ryan is doing a chl class. that sucks your service was like that. ive never felt ryan was too busy, in fact ive been in his shop bsing with him or any of the other people for an extensive time. sometimes im just there for froglube others its been for a gun. hes always been stand up. just my take.

edit: despite what ryan just said above, he does give good customer service :P

Houston G

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Houston
    ive never had an issue the multiple times ive been to hgf, either with ryan or one of the other guys that helps when ryan is doing a chl class. that sucks your service was like that. ive never felt ryan was too busy, in fact ive been in his shop bsing with him or any of the other people for an extensive time. sometimes im just there for froglube others its been for a gun. hes always been stand up. just my take.

edit: despite what ryan just said above, he does give good customer service :P

Thanks for the good words lol. I am obviously a very "direct" person, and that doesnt alway come off the best way, but one thing I will never do is lie, cheat, or steal, and I do live the Army Values even as a civilian now.

I dont come off as the nicest guy, I never have. But it is a little shocking to see someone saying I ignored them in my shop, I have never done that to my knowledge.

After two deployments my hearing isnt what it used to be, so Im hoping it was just a simple misunderstanding.

While im here, might as well mention the Just Right Carbines in 9mm or 40 (takes Glock Mags) we have in stock!! Come by and see me for a special Texas Gun Talk price!

midnightyell

Makes Aggie Jokes Reality
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    Cypress
    Thanks for the good words lol. I am obviously a very "direct" person, and that doesnt alway come off the best way, but one thing I will never do is lie, cheat, or steal, and I do live the Army Values even as a civilian now.

I dont come off as the nicest guy, I never have. But it is a little shocking to see someone saying I ignored them in my shop, I have never done that to my knowledge.

After two deployments my hearing isnt what it used to be, so Im hoping it was just a simple misunderstanding.
    I want to be clear, I didn't say you lied, cheated or stole! To be totally fair and clear, my expectations were met. I walked in with green (and orange) money. I handed it to you with the required paperwork and I left with a 1944 Tula-made m1895 as pictured on the interwebs. In fact, you gave me the best price in Houston on the m1895 by about $15 and you told me where to go to update my CHL so the address matched my TXDL. I appreciated that.

But I'm not exaggerating when I say our dialogue was,
    "Do you have any 7.62 Nagant on hand?" "No, I don't carry a lot of ammo.
    You'll have to check a specialty shop for that."
    "<sarcastically> So, I'm not going to find it at Gander or Academy? <non-sarcastically> Can you recommend somewhere to try?" "Not really. I don't know, just Google it."

I found that exchange less than helpful and I relayed that experience. I'm sorry if my quick review was less fair than it should've been. I'm sorry if that did not leave the reflection on your shop that you desire.

I respect your service and I respect your entrepreneurial efforts, spirit and endeavor, but I told it like it was. (Aggies have a code too and some still live it even after graduation.)

Next time I'm over your way, I'll stop in and introduce myself and maybe we can still be friends. (especially if you have a M&P Shield.40 in stock! It's like trying to find a beer at a baptist barbeque with those things right now.) I've edited my post because I want my review to be as honest and fair as possible.

Top Bottom