• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    No, I did not mention that I had heard the radio spot. Just said some buddies had let me know something about him talking against silencers, and wanted to call and find out the truth.

It was Jim Pruett and it was around 4 minutes into the recording.
    He is basically kissing ass to his LEO customers who hate the idea of private ownership of sound suppressors.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    If you get a chance, please call the store and ask about it and see if you get the same response. 832-237-4867

I called. The guy I spoke to (Dave) said he couldn't comment on it because he not heard the radio spot. When I asked to speak to Pruett, this guy told me that Jim was not in yet. I'll call back later this afternoon.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Here is his email, you might drop the man a line and let him know how you feel.

jim@jimpruett.net

Email sent:

Jim,
    I heard your radio spot on KTRH regarding the use of firearms suppressors, and would like to gain a clearer understanding of your opinions and the logic behind them. Here were your comments:
    "I'm really not for it. I don't see the value of it. I see the potential danger and threat to citizenry and police officers."
    What threat does the use of a suppressor pose to "citizenry and police officers" in hunting game animals, or any other application for that matter? I would also have to assume that based on these comments of yours, you also support the fact that suppressors are classified as an NFA item. What is your logic behind that opinion?
    You profess to be a strong proponent of the 2nd Amendment, yet your statements reek of the typical liberal, anti-gun, big government rhetoric that seeks to destroy MY rights as a US citizen.
    I have to be honest and tell you that no matter how you reply, I won't threaten to no longer do business with you....that happened several years ago when I tired of being muzzle swept by your employees as they dealt with other customers. Your son pointing a handgun in my direction and pulling the trigger was the final straw.
    Anxiously awaiting your response,
    Pete

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I've noticed that most who aposse 2A rights have either never fired a gun/suppressed weapon or can't legally own one themselves. I would tend to believe he is butt hurt cause he can't get one so doesn't think anyone else should.

I wonder how many crimes have been commited with legally owned suppressed firearms. I bet at most you could count on one hand.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Everything Jim shoots is suppressed to him. All he does is pop out both hearing aids.

He does have a huge LEO clientele, which is likely the source of his opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    It is a shame that such ignorance would come out of the mouth of someone who has shot suppressed before.

poolingmyignorance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    houston
    I'm going along with Pruitts thoughts that somehow allowing them for hunting would further put citizens and police at risk. Silencers are already legal to own, and possess. How does making them legal for hunting increase the risk for anybody? Point is if you justify keeping them ban for hunting because the risk of danger to police, and citizens, whats the next step? Making it illegal period. It's a counter productive slope. I don't think he grasps the big picture when he says these things. How does it pertain to the 2A? Directly it doesn't, indirectly it goes back to implying that mere possession of a suppressor would encourage and endanger the public and police. Just because the suppressor it'self isn't a fire arms doesn't mean it's not 2A related. It's an armament accessory and should be availible to John Q Public, for whatever legal purpose he desires. Be that desire hunting, (I prefer to hunt without ear plugs. It's usefull to have all your senses sharp when your out on your own)or simply being able to spend more time on the range without having plugs/muffs rub your ears raw.

poolingmyignorance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    houston
    I shoud have included the orgina quote by another user. This previous post was in response to the quote below:
    "We get it that you have issues with Pruett, but WTF does not allowing the use of silencers for hunting have to do with the right to bear arms?? I don't get the correlation."

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Has anyone gotten a reply to their emails??? I have not.

There are plenty of examples of "gun people" doing stupid stuff,

Billy Carter: Gun shows are a threat to his business and he is too lazy to set up booths at them, so he is against them, and lobbies to have them banned.

Jim Zumbo of the Outdoor Channel shows came out against civilian versions of assault rifles, because they were not something he was interested in, so no one else should have them.

Jim Pruitt may be against suppressors/silencers because he does not want to put forth the effort to get licensed to sell them, and does not want potential customers visiting other shops that do.

JMHO, I could be wrong...............

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    To say that I am disappointed in Jim Pruitt is an understatement!

Once again, Jim pruiit sticks his foot in his mouth. Moron. Look at who he associates with.

Once again, gun owners are their own worst enemy. The Fudds Amongst us will throw one group under the bus for their own perceived protection.

Funny to listen to him whipping out the "Danger to Law Enformcement" statement.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Soooo, I need help. Do I hate Jim Pruitt now?

Nope. Don't bother with hate - it's negative energy.

But, this little bit of his just cost him any chance of me spending my hard-earned money at this shop.
    If he is going to be a part of the firearms community and make his money from the people within it, but turn around and favor limits placed on them legally conducting activities within their sporting purpose............I've got no respect for him.

And that video....I'll chalk that up to a fellow messing around and me only seeing part of it, but that little part did make him look like an idiot.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I was in another shop today, tweaking some paperwork issues with a suppressor and the BATF, and asked the gentleman dealing with me if he had heard the statements made by JP. He laughed, and said he can not understand the guy, or how they are still in business. Allegedly Jim Pruitt is not able to legally own a firearms business due to past er, uh,................ indiscretions.

All the licenses, etc. are through his wife. The man I was dealing with has been in the gun business for years here in Houston, and could not understand how the BATF allows him to continue to work there, and wear a sidearm while working.

Does anyone know anymore about this???

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I was in another shop today, tweaking some paperwork issues with a suppressor and the BATF, and asked the gentleman dealing with me if he had heard the statements made by JP. He laughed, and said he can not understand the guy, or how they are still in business. Allegedly Jim Pruitt is not able to legally own a firearms business due to past er, uh,................ indiscretions.

All the licenses, etc. are through his wife. The man I was dealing with has been in the gun business for years here in Houston, and could not understand how the BATF allows him to continue to work there, and wear a sidearm while working.

Getting an FFL revoked isn't very uncommon after a BATF audit that is normally kicked off by a very stupid mistake the FFL makes that puts them on the radar.

Look at what happened to "Red Jacket" and I know a couple of others here in the Houston area that have done the same thing.

Putting the FFL under someone else after such a mistake and audit happen does not mean a person cannot work at an FFL as there are normally no charges involved, just the revoke of the license.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston

Jim Pruett was arrested in Mexico back in the 80's for running guns. He has not had a conviction in the US that would prevent his firearm ownership as far as I know. As duplicitous as he is, he is still legal.

I truly believe his views are because of his LEO customers because the last time I was in his shop there were 8 HPD vehicles in the parking lot and a bunch of LEO's in the store. I personally don't have anything against LEO's in general as long as they perform their duties objectively and respect the original intent of the founding fathers with regard to the US Constitution and uphold their sworn oath to defend the original intent of the US Constitution.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Jim Pruett was arrested in Mexico back in the 80's for running guns. He has not had a conviction in the US that would prevent his firearm ownership as far as I know. As duplicitous as he is, he is still legal.

Anything I could point someone to that shows this? I'd love to throw this back at some radio stations who use him as a subject matter expert.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angee
    Top Bottom