• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Anything I could point someone to that shows this? I'd love to throw this back at some radio stations who use him as a subject matter expert.

He used to talk about it on the air.....I realize this does not help you out any though.
    Supposedly he crashed IIRC.
    Gun Zone Deals

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I once emailed JP's shop regarding something else back in... 2009/2010. They emailed me back within the week. Patience, fine gentlemen.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    MY memory is he was moving pot, not guns. However, my memory may not be storing the facts.

Now you have me doubting my memory (which is not unusual)......he crashed (I think) & was busted, but now I am not positive what he was carrying, lol....

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've never had a suppressor and don't have a need for one. I've seen them, fired a few but they never really rang my bell. When you come out against a certain aspect of 2nd Amendment rights, you do us harm and place yourself on the same side of the fence as the anti Second Amendment bunch. If YOU don't like something, please don't bash it for someone else. That's how the anti gun bunch works. They take a bite out of something hoping that no one will oppose them. Given enough bites, they make progress in their efforts to make firearms ownership illegal.

Stand firm. If a shooter wants to get the correct paperwork and buy a legal suppressor, I say go for it! It's not for me, but I'll defend to the death your right to have one if you want to.

Pruitt? He owns a gun shop so I'll cut him some slack. Maybe he just let his old "Radio God" mentality re-surface temporarily.

Flash

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I've never had a suppressor and don't have a need for one. I've seen them, fired a few but they never really rang my bell. When you come out against a certain aspect of 2nd Amendment rights, you do us harm and place yourself on the same side of the fence as the anti Second Amendment bunch. If YOU don't like something, please don't bash it for someone else. That's how the anti gun bunch works. They take a bite out of something hoping that no one will oppose them. Given enough bites, they make progress in their efforts to make firearms ownership illegal.

Stand firm. If a shooter wants to get the correct paperwork and buy a legal suppressor, I say go for it! It's not for me, but I'll defend to the death your right to have one if you want to.

Pruitt? He owns a gun shop so I'll cut him some slack. Maybe he just let his old "Radio God" mentality re-surface temporarily.

Flash

This seems like all the more reason to want stuff like this to pass.....makes no sense he would speak against them!

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Ok, had a lengthy phone conversation with my cousin about his visit to that store yesterday.

Took him a while to corral Jim, he was busy telling Viet Nam war stories to a pair of uniformed service members that were shopping.

Said, that basically Jim does not understand the law, or what the hell they were talking about in the story, and would not listen to any correction that he (my cousin) tried to make. The store staff backed Jim up on every point. Jim said he is for less regulation, and swore that he hunts with suppressors all the time and has over a dozen. Jim said that there are no laws in Texas that say you cannot hunt with them, and would not budge from that. (My cousin did send him an email with the regulations in it yesterday.) Jim seems to think that this thing is a federal issue, and kept saying that he would not support more regulation. The store staff said that if more people got suppressors they would be out holding up liquor stores etc with them. He said that Jim appeared to be getting rattled, and the staff kept bashing the internet thing. I guess they have read this thread. No one in there could, or choose to, comprehend that this is a proposed relaxing of a state regulation.

Basically the impression I got was the old man is confused, set in his belief that he did the right thing, even though he fails to realize that he did not. His position was all over the board. Spoke how he carries his suppressed Uzi in his car, has all these silencers, blah, blah, blah..............

We deduced that, it appears that the media knows were to find a "media whore" (thanks TXSUT, great term) that will always give them a good sound bite. They got him going, and used the one they wanted from all the crap that rolls out his mouth.

Sounds like the man would rather rattle his dribble than listen fully, and understand the questions he has been asked, if he is still even mentally capable of such, the phrase pre-Alzheimers was mentioned in our conversation also (and unfortunately, our family does have experience in that area).

matefrio, that shop is close to you right? Have you thought about going in and striking up a conversation about this??

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    Thanks Acera for getting some clarification (if you call it that) from your cousin concerning Jim Pruett. Apparently, Jim Pruett is ignorant of the hunting laws and confused on the 2nd Amendment. If he owns NFA items, he certainly does not understand the federal regulations concerning private ownership of these items. The fact that he is not aware of the state hunting regulations prohibiting the use of suppressors and full auto for hunting game animals is troubling. The fact that he admitted hunting with suppressors and thus breaking the state laws shows that he is either not thinking clearly or just takes the attitude that the laws do not apply to him (like some lawyers, judges, and LEO's I'm acquainted with).

He clearly does not understand this is about removing the hunting regulation of suppressors rather than more regulation against them.

Giving Jim Pruett an internet spanking is not only appropriate but much deserved.

poolingmyignorance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    houston
    My experience with their store is they don't know much about the things they sell. They pretty much just repeat what the manufactures description of products read. They present themselves as an authority on firearms and laws while only having a vauge understanding of most of it. Unfortunately his previous radio fame gave him plenty of oppertunity to plug his store on air, giving him a good base of clientel who have even less understanding of firearm laws and rely on him for authority. I hope he is not telling people they can already go and hunt with NFA items in Texas, as he's doing us all a great disservice.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Ya, I'm close. May go rattle a cage or two.

Sounds like he doesn't care what's said or done as long as it gets him on the radio. I'll even bring along a MP3 player and speakers.

I wish they'd interview the guys from Shiloh shooting centre instead of JP.

Top Bottom