• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Domineaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Houston
    Think he meant, this thread "Houston Jim Pruitt Against Silencers"

Oops, didn't see the next page of posts already pointing it out.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I don't believe in enforcing a ban on knives but I can honestly say if a knife looks as though it has no practical use other than to kill then as a police officer I would confiscate it and penalize the owner for carrying it. And if there is a criteria as you say it would certainly be a history of violence on that person's background check.

If I was a police officer and I searched someone and found a silencer on their personal side arm I would have to question their intentions regardless of their demeanor or how they smelled.

I don't believe in banning them at all I'm just erring on the side of caution.

Sorry if my opinion upsets you.

I can't accept or reject your apology as I am not upset by your opinion. Supposedly here in the US our laws are not made by the police on the street. "Who" in your opinion should make the determination as to what someone with a large knife, suppressed weapon, or other "non-practical" use weapon is going to do with it? Are you saying you can decide beforehand when someone is going to commit a crime by the length of the blade of his knife? Just sayin'!!!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Think he meant, this thread "Houston Jim Pruitt Against Silencers"

Oops, didn't see the next page of posts already pointing it out.
    Yeah, your the big brother sittin on lil bros back shoving his face into the grass

Repressed childhood memories

klabe81

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Humble
    Where's that?

England.
    Sorry if our cultural biases cause us to disagree. I really don't mean to offend you with my opinion.
    I'm mostly speaking hypothetically and there's no way I can judge anyone without at least seeing them first.
    I personally would not carry a knife like that for self defence. I like to think I can handle myself without having to resort to gutting someone.
    Don't get me wrong, if it was me or him I would do my darndest to come out on top whatever it took.

Just take what I said with a pinch of salt. =)

klabe81

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Humble
    I can't accept or reject your apology as I am not upset by your opinion. Supposedly here in the US our laws are not made by the police on the street. "Who" in your opinion should make the determination as to what someone with a large knife, suppressed weapon, or other "non-practical" use weapon is going to do with it? Are you saying you can decide beforehand when someone is going to commit a crime by the length of the blade of his knife? Just sayin'!!!

No. Obviously whatever legislation is in place has the final word.
    But I think if there is cause for concern some action should be taken to prevent a potential crime. I don't mean throwing someone in jail or fining them just for possession of such a tool. Not everything is black and white. If a police officer only exercises protocol and never uses his intuition there's the potential for something bad to happen that could have been prevented.
    All I'm saying is if something throws up a red flag it shouldn't be ignored.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    England.
    Sorry if our cultural biases cause us to disagree. I really don't mean to offend you with my opinion.
    I'm mostly speaking hypothetically and there's no way I can judge anyone without at least seeing them first.
    I personally would not carry a knife like that for self defence. I like to think I can handle myself without having to resort to gutting someone.
    Don't get me wrong, if it was me or him I would do my darndest to come out on top whatever it took.

Just take what I said with a pinch of salt. =)

You're not offending me - you're explaining the root cause of your issue because of your cultural background, and that's important in order to better comprehend the basis of your comments.

You see, what one person will consider a weapon, another will view as either a basic tool, or one that's "cool" - and what's the harm in that? In the US, you can't practice "prior restraint" - and that's an action that precludes what someone else MIGHT do. Under our laws, that's wrong - and it should be. Because I can't see why you should have a length of string wrapped about your body shouldn't be a reason to stop you from carrying it, even though a garote is quite lethal. I'm not into blades, but a brother-in-law is, and he's got a helluva collection of blades that you would likely freak out over. Doesn't make you wrong or right - it's just different here. Thing is, the BIL is a cop, so he's the last person likely to use a knife illegally. Gutting knives have a very valid reason to be owned, especially by hunters - but I'm sure there's many others that use them as well.

I don't currently own any full-auto weapons or suppressors, but I *fully* support those what wish to.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston

Go back. Nah, just kidding. :) Thanks for the explanation, no offense taken. When you go around saying things like "If I was a cop, I'd arrest/penalize/confiscate..." when there is no specific law being broken, my "police state" radar starts beeping. LOL

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    ...erring on the side of caution.
    I prefer to err on the side of freedom.

http://ninja-gear.com/fantasy_knives.aspx
    But if someone is roaming the streets with the murder weapon from Cobra then there must be something wrong with them.
    Yes there is something wrong with them... They think they live in a SciFi/fantasy convention. You did notice that page is called "Fantasy Knives", right? A very plain looking 6" fixed blade would be more efficient at killing someone than those.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin

I had that Cobra knife when I was a kid. LOL

Cobra_Knife-MC-2096.jpg

Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    There was a fight on facebook between Pruett and a friend of mine. Pruett trying engaging in damage control by claiming he meant his statement was in regards to felons owning them which has nothing to do with the issue at hand. The truth is Jim Pruett stepped on his dick bigtime with his comments. His lame attempt at backtracking is laughable. Here is a copy and paste of his statement from facebook: "I am against any more rules regarding suppressors other than your NFA documents...keep it out of the spotlight <name censored> or every anti gun politician will step up to the table with unwanted and uncessary rules. as it is I can hunt anything with a suppressed machine gun or a big stick...my comment was to make sure that just anyone (felons) shouldn't have access to suppressors whether hunting or privately owning...the current federal requirements are enough. Oh, one other thing <name censored>...regarding my store and hence my staff...GFY!"

If he truly means that he should have said it from the get-go. He didn't. The man is a hackjob and a liar. He thought he could play "moderate" and bring in a few more customers, but instead, he pulled a Jim Zumbo. His back-peddling attempt is laughable.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    as it is I can hunt anything with a suppressed machine gun or a big stick...

He still does not get the fact that you cannot hunt many game animals in Texas with a supressed firearm. That was the intent of the interview in the first place, but he is so set he his right and readly admits that he violates state laws in this regard. Clueless. Alzheimers must be sitting in pretty bad with that guy.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    You cannot hunt any game animals with a suppressor at the moment. Just coyotes and invasive species.
    Jim Pruett has brain damage along with his hearing damage. I can understand why he is pissed about the attacks on doing business at his store but his Alzheimers seems to have removed a common sense proverb from his psyche which is wisdom for the both the dishonest as well as the honest.

"Never Shit Where You Eat"

He crossed the line for someone who has made a living as a professional blabbermouth. His business will not suffer too badly and it is about time for him to be retired due to mental incompetence.

But... for someone like me who does hold a grudge against dishonest gun dealers, example Carter's Country, I will not darken the door of his store again.

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    He's wrong. Obviously, he realizes the shop could lose business over his comments, so now they're in full bore
    denial. That said, I've shopped at Pruitt's numerous times and have always received excellent service.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    In that case, I may be generating a bit of sympathy for him and am now wondering if his wife is pulling some strings with him.
    He has already openly admitted to breaking the law with a Class III device as well as open carrying outside of his store. Things just do downhill from there.
    I think it will be a few years before we have to start worrying about him getting lost in his own neighborhood open carrying a sidearm... but that is what eventually will happen. Life expectancy at that point is one to two years. Been there. Seen it. Not pleasant.

Top Bottom