• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • klabe81

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Humble
    How long does the knife need to be before you'd need to question the person's intentions? How many spikes on that handle? How deep do the serrations need to be before they cause concern? Would you like to ban those out right or provide licenses to make sure the person carrying the knife is trustworthy, competent and trained?

Who would you give the authority to question that person's intentions? What criteria would you use to judge that intent? How would you penalize someone who doesn't meet your criteria? If it's an outright ban what is the punishment? If not a ban where and when could a person carry one?

Jack over there thinks all knives should be banned so he'll use your fears and add his fears to pass stricter laws than you intended but they're all for the good of everyone right?

I don't believe in enforcing a ban on knives but I can honestly say if a knife looks as though it has no practical use other than to kill then as a police officer I would confiscate it and penalize the owner for carrying it. And if there is a criteria as you say it would certainly be a history of violence on that person's background check.

If I was a police officer and I searched someone and found a silencer on their personal side arm I would have to question their intentions regardless of their demeanor or how they smelled.

I don't believe in banning them at all I'm just erring on the side of caution.

Sorry if my opinion upsets you.
    Lynx Defense

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Most likely he felt safer going to Mexico with a gun for personal protection. Sounds like an auto accident got him a closer look by authorities than intended.

Unless there is some proof they were there to sell the guns, and I doubt it, I'm personally not going to go down that road any further.

If I am not mistaken, it was a plane crash, not a car....

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I don't believe in enforcing a ban on knives but I can honestly say if a knife looks as though it has no practical use other than to kill then as a police officer I would confiscate it and penalize the owner for carrying it.

Please cite the law that would enable to you penalize someone who is carrying such a knife.

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Sold a few of those Cobra knives when I was in the knife selling business and a few other farout looking ones years ago.
    Went to Pruitts store not long after it opened did a look around and asked a few questions and then got snubbed by him
    cause I wasn't buying right then and never went back.

klabe81

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Humble
    Please cite the law that would enable to you penalize someone who is carrying such a knife.

Well here in Texas anyone can carry a knife so I doubt there are any charges for such a knife.
    Where I come from it's illegal to carry knives and such a knife would be deemed an offensive or deadly weapon, no judge would believe it was just a pocket knife and that the owner had no cruel intentions. Possession would carry a sentence of up to 5 years but for a first offence there would more likely be a hefty fine and probation.

I'm not against knives. I carry one all time.
    But if someone is roaming the streets with the murder weapon from Cobra then there must be something wrong with them.

klabe81

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Humble
    Sold a few of those Cobra knives when I was in the knife selling business and a few other farout looking ones years ago.
    Went to Pruitts store not long after it opened did a look around and asked a few questions and then got snubbed by him
    cause I wasn't buying right then and never went back.

Who is this Pruitt dude everyone hates anyway?

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    But if someone is roaming the streets with the murder weapon from Cobra then there must be something wrong with them.

So if I want to carry such a knife, if I so happen to think that it is the best option for my personal defense in a given scenario, you think I shouldn't be allowed to?

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    If I am not mistaken, it was a plane crash, not a car....
    Poor memory sucks aeh Cam? ;-)

It was a plane crash but WHAT was he hauling? My OCD is killing me and my google fu ain't working. I can't find what he had, somebody please help me sleep tonight by giving the answer.

TwinGlocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Houston
    I find it rather ironic that someone who sells AK's and AR's would call suppressors "a threat to the citizenry and police".

I believe the NRA supported the 1986 Hughes amendment. The 89 import ban and the awb.

I'm not sure the NRA supported any of this stuff. Supposedly, they let the Hugues amendment slide and sacrificed FA ownership to get the GOPA passed and then vowed to get the Hughes amendment repealed after it passed.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Who is this Pruitt dude everyone hates anyway?

Read this thread and you will understand, who he is.

Please don't take the position just because it looks mean it needs to go away. People are using that argument to take our sporting rifles away because they look like the military rifles they see on TV. (It almost worked in the past, but that ban has lifted)

Texas has knife laws that would prohibit the carrying of the knife in question (under many circumstances), this forum has numerous threads on those laws, check them out.

Many have tried to get this tread back on track. Hopefully some of you folks visited the store this weekend and inquired about this issue, and have some stories to tell.

TXSUT, I think he is from London, England.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I can totally see why using a silencer/suppressor is conducive to hunting. (especially if you miss your first shot haha)

It may also be great for pot shot target practice if you have a big enough yard.

But there is definitely something sinister about a guy walking the streets with a silencer on his conceal & carry weapon.

It's like the difference between a guy carrying a regular pocket knife and a guy carrying a large spike handled, curved, barbed and viciously and serrated blade.

One would have to question his intentions.

I agree. I also think there is something sinister about a guy driving a lifted 1 ton dually diesel 4x4 on the highway. Hell, what ones he need to big a truck for. I mean, he could drive through a school playground with it and kill a lot of kid.

And while we talk about shit that makes me leary and concerned . . . Lets talk about those guys driving corvettes and ferarris that can do 195+ mph . . . That speed COULD cause a wreck with a soccer mom and kids in her minivan doing 55 in the fast lane . . . . I mean what does anyone need with 500hp and a car the can exceed 3x the maximum LEGAL speed limit?

Dont get me started on people driving a Prius . . . They are obviously dangerous closet militia type revolutionaries who want to over throw big oil's rule. Patriots they be and they must be watched closely then banned!

These vehicles shoud be banned . . . . Oh yes yes my precious ban the sinister looking ones . . . Do it for the chilluns'

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    I remember the good ole days back in the 70's and 80's when you could buy a 10" blade British Commando knife for under $5 and a 15" blade high quality Bowie for $50 at surplus stores and they were legal to carry sheathed on your belt. The attacks on our 2nd Amendment rights have gone way beyond reason and civility.

Top Bottom