• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    TexasRedneck is right. He's not some keyboard commando, he's actually a fairly savvy business guy. Because he is upfront and no-nonsense in his manner doesn't mean he means wrong.

Let's put this into perspective. Having what the OP proposed would be awesome. I can think of a million ideas that would be awesome. Well, an idea is great, now the next step is to look at what is necessary to get started. TR merely asked that the next steps be done.

So, what's next? Do we start looking for a location? Like realtor.com or something? Are there going to be any regs we'll need to consider? I guess that would depend on the type of land? Anyone know? Where do we look to start getting answers?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Geez, gal - now ya got me blushing....<G>

Personally, I'd go for networking - try asking around local feed stores, gun shops, etc. - look for old quarries, flood zoned areas, etc. with a little bit of "good" land. The stuff that NO one else wants. Look around for an attorney willing to set you up as a 501(c)3 (think that's the number) Charity type operation - if you can do it THAT way, the owner could DONATE the land that folks likely don't want to buy anyways (or he may be a staunch 2nd Amendment supporter willin' to put his land up) and get themselves a nice tax deduction.
    Look on the NRA website for info on setting up ranges. I'm thinking TSRA could be of help here, also. I'd also have some early talks with "friendly" LEO's from the area - do THEY have good range facilities available to 'em? If not, there may be an opportunity to "partner" - AND gain a VERY valuable ally in your efforts.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Having met you in person, sitting down to lunch and chatting, I wanted to vocalize the credibility you're bringing to this conversation. I don't think it's right someone having never met you is trying to dismiss your input to the discussion. Now if they knew you that's a different story

Geez, gal - now ya got me blushing....<G>

Personally, I'd go for networking - try asking around local feed stores, gun shops, etc. - look for old quarries, flood zoned areas, etc. with a little bit of "good" land. The stuff that NO one else wants. Look around for an attorney willing to set you up as a 501(c)3 (think that's the number) Charity type operation - if you can do it THAT way, the owner could DONATE the land that folks likely don't want to buy anyways (or he may be a staunch 2nd Amendment supporter willin' to put his land up) and get themselves a nice tax deduction.
    Look on the NRA website for info on setting up ranges. I'm thinking TSRA could be of help here, also. I'd also have some early talks with "friendly" LEO's from the area - do THEY have good range facilities available to 'em? If not, there may be an opportunity to "partner" - AND gain a VERY valuable ally in your efforts.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Thanks, Shorts....
    I realize that I often come across as "negative" - but I'm actually just trying to be realistic. When someone wants to just complain about things, I try to point out the realities that they overlook. When they want to start getting serious and "down to business", I'll point out the concerns (as I see 'em), then try to help 'em find answers. It's just too easy to put on rose-colored glasses and get burned in the process.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Thanks, Shorts....
    I realize that I often come across as "negative" - but I'm actually just trying to be realistic. When someone wants to just complain about things, I try to point out the realities that they overlook. When they want to start getting serious and "down to business", I'll point out the concerns (as I see 'em), then try to help 'em find answers. It's just too easy to put on rose-colored glasses and get burned in the process.

thats the probelm with the reality of issues. alot of times it isnt what people want to hear.
    i know when my dad was preaching, we had to move quite a few times because of that very problem.
    (in fact there was a couple of sermons that when i heard them, i would jsut go home and start packing)
    in anycase im going to ask around at the next family reunion i know ther is a bunch of land and old money at those things i jsut have to find it ;) will report back after the fact.

incidently texasredneck, i think i saw ya crusin down 46 twoards startzville thursday or friday. if that was you, nice bike!

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    We need to start a TGT group buy of lottery tickets. When the group hits, we build a range. If we hit powerball or mega millions, we build ranges near all the major metro areas.

How about a TGT group trip to VEGAS .. whoever wins the million jack pot has to throw down for the new range ... and I hope they understand that the indoor section will double as a gentlemens club after hours !@#!@

The girls will dance with the guns of course .. and the menu will consist of " Double Action Burger" and "Glock Fries" .. haha I could go on all day with this one..

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom