• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    For those trying to get your DL wait until you see the fees from registering a car here that was bought and registered in another state, its ridiculous.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    When i got out of the Army and came back to Texas I had to pay the taxes for the vehicle (since it was going to be used int Texas) plus Texas registration cost and a $200 fee for it coming from out of state.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    When i got out of the Army and came back to Texas I had to pay the taxes for the vehicle (since it was going to be used int Texas) plus Texas registration cost and a $200 fee for it coming from out of state.

yeah, this is going off the top of my head, but was told $90 use fee. registration dont remember it was like three different fees. but the total they gave me was either $240 or $280. i just did my vehicle inspection, waiting on my texas insurance card to come in the mail. i dont know what tx liability is, but my coverage is always 100k/300k/100k as i find this covers me the most for anything.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    A non-resident alien cannot purchase or lease a gun. A RESIDENT alien, green card holder, may. -naturalized citizen here.

But yes, there is a 90 day proof of residency requirement for non-citizens.

-Glen, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    They can under certain conditions

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    ive been there 4 times now all in the same day. should be going back tomorrow. first couple times i forgot paperwork, then i noticed cash only, final time made it to the window and was told i needed to fill out three more forms along with what i had and get it notorized. finally got everything i need, hopefully.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    ive been there 4 times now all in the same day. should be going back tomorrow. first couple times i forgot paperwork, then i noticed cash only, final time made it to the window and was told i needed to fill out three more forms along with what i had and get it notorized. finally got everything i need, hopefully.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Sounds about like my day today. Dont think you need the notary if the tax office folks are witness to the mark. Bring the other party in, if possible. I overherd this while I was at the tax office today from the folks infront of me. Good luck bud.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    There's an easier way. Get a "Limited Power of Attorney" from the Tax Office (or download online). It essentially names you as the owners' agent in all matters pertaining to the vehicle, allowing you to sign any additional documents/forms/whatever pertaining to the transaction. The pencil-pushers HATE 'em because it takes away their "power" to make you return - the pros at the Tax Office will applaud you.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    so, it took me all of 10 minutes to get my truck registered. went to dps to get a DL, after waiting two hours to get to the front desk, i was told i needed a birth cert or passport, UGH. debating on going back to scout out the line/parking. was so close, yet so far away lol.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    um, so i went back again. and another 2 hour wait, got locked in. well, in a rush to get out of there, i didnt look at my temp DL. sex is marked as "F".....seriously major fail, im sure the guy was in a hurry to get home too, just as i was. now i have to call dps tomorrow, and hopefully they can change it over the phone and not make me go back there.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    ok, that was pretty damn fast, recieved my official drivers license today. corrected temporary on the 20th while it still hadnt been submitted yet, and recieved it today. so about 8 business day in all. i have NEVER received a drivers license that quick, EVER.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    ok, that was pretty damn fast, recieved my official drivers license today. corrected temporary on the 20th while it still hadnt been submitted yet, and recieved it today. so about 8 business day in all. i have NEVER received a drivers license that quick, EVER.

Seriously? In Florida you get them before you walk out of the DMV. I still don't understand why Texas can't issue them on the spot like most states...

Top Bottom