• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Yep, I wanted to mention that early in the thread, but didn't want to discount the efforts by any CNAs, because they work just as hard as an RN or LVN. But yes, I would say many in-home helpers are CNAs. Only when the patient actually needs a nurse, do they get a licensed nurse.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    CNAs. my mistake.

That makes a lot more sense. There are a lot of good CNAs out there but also a lot of terrible ones for any reason you can name. Considering most people either can't or won't pay them more than $10 an hour and their job sucks, it's no surprise so many of them feel like they are owed more than what they get and resort to theft.

Anyone employing a CNA should also buy a good safe- just in case.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    That makes a lot more sense. There are a lot of good CNAs out there but also a lot of terrible ones for any reason you can name. Considering most people either can't or won't pay them more than $10 an hour and their job sucks, it's no surprise so many of them feel like they are owed more than what they get and resort to theft.

Anyone employing a CNA should also buy a good safe- just in case.

I told him he probably should get a safe but He refuses to buy a safe... "The bible says to not keep your treasures on earth" is what he told me. They were recently "enlightened" by some local black ties.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    I will say that after 13 years as a probation officer... I can't get into specifics... But before you have anyone come to a home to take care of you or sick relatives, run their criminal history... You can do it for a tiny fee on the TX DPS website.

You will be glad you did.

#1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas
    Also you can run backgrounds FREE via iphone or any smartphone that has apps. The one I run is the same one that is used by employers. Yes, I looked myself up, no I didnt enjoy reading it.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    You boys leave Marky Mark alone or he'll buy your damn gun company!

wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    My wifes dad lives with us. We converted a 25x30 foot game room into an apartment at the back of our house for him. It has a full kitchen, bath, living and sleeping area, like a nice studio apartment. He gets his social security check once a month, pays no bills, and lives nicely for all intents and purposes. He's a great grandfather, and even taught our oldest how to drive (actually just went driving around with him for his hours after drivers Ed - but it was nice to see them spend time together). He recently restored a 1947 Willys Jeep with our youngest son. I cannot count how many times he has thanked us for not putting him in a "home". But I will say, when we started out, he was there for us, helped out with the kids, money, etc. Never asked for anything we weren't able to give (help around his house, with car repairs, stuff like that). So, when he started getting older, and just seemed like he wasn't really trying anymore, we invited him here. He sold his house, and moved in. While it hasn't been perfect, and he bugs my wife sometimes, we know he is taken care of, and able to create some pretty good memories for his grandsons.

He constantly will go puttering around town, and show back up home with thick ass steaks, or something else for everyone from Whataburger. My wife is always getting on to him about not calling her first, which is funny, because we got him an iPhone, and he can barely use "that silly ass mini-tv screen".

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    My wifes dad lives with us. We converted a 25x30 foot game room into an apartment at the back of our house for him. It has a full kitchen, bath, living and sleeping area, like a nice studio apartment. He gets his social security check once a month, pays no bills, and lives nicely for all intents and purposes. He's a great grandfather, and even taught our oldest how to drive (actually just went driving around with him for his hours after drivers Ed - but it was nice to see them spend time together). He recently restored a 1947 Willys Jeep with our youngest son. I cannot count how many times he has thanked us for not putting him in a "home". But I will say, when we started out, he was there for us, helped out with the kids, money, etc. Never asked for anything we weren't able to give (help around his house, with car repairs, stuff like that). So, when he started getting older, and just seemed like he wasn't really trying anymore, we invited him here. He sold his house, and moved in. While it hasn't been perfect, and he bugs my wife sometimes, we know he is taken care of, and able to create some pretty good memories for his grandsons.

He constantly will go puttering around town, and show back up home with thick ass steaks, or something else for everyone from Whataburger. My wife is always getting on to him about not calling her first, which is funny, because we got him an iPhone, and he can barely use "that silly ass mini-tv screen".

I read that part in an "old man voice".

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Sad about what the OP posted though.
    I have NO verifiable stats, but I have often heard of the elderly being victimized by unscrupulous offspring or grandchildren.

In this sick world, it honestly doesn't really surprise me much.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Also, wolfwood and glockster are really entertaining to read on their back and forths.
    Having met both of them in person, I feel like they would, under other circumstances, get along fine IRL.

Weird...

Top Bottom