• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    With the rigs I see on the road in the fall, 3/4 ton truck loaded with a $2,000+ commercial blind, $800 feeder, $20,000 ATV on a trailer, who knows how many cellular trail cams, plus the cost of a lease, I think buying a side of beef might be the more economical option.

Then there’s the time & effort involved in setting everything up, keeping feeders loaded, maintaining all that equipment. That’s just tedious work to me.

I’d much rather spend my time & energy having fun exploring, even if I don’t shoot anything.

You're not wrong there.
    Lynx Defense

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Yep. Which makes the orange camo seem like varied shades of shadow and light to them. So pairing it with green camo should work just fine to break up the shape. As long as you don't move around too much.
    Not if you are in snow. Was glassing some deer up in PA at about 500 yards. They were looking right at me. When I put the binos down and took a couple of steps, the were hauling ass tails up and booking. Oldest doe was staring right at me and snorting and stomping.

Have been busted up there in orange with zero movement and wind was right as well.

Started having success when I started hanging orange vests on trees where I like to sit.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I'm not rich but have been lucky enough to have friends who family land. I don't think I'd ever invest in a lease. Lot of truth shared here. When you add it all up it's cheaper to hunt out of state or buy a side of beef. I hunt from a tripod every year, patiently waiting for one good buck every season. Iirc I've got a decent deer every year for over a decade straight.

It's still a lot of work and a few dollars each season in corn, batteries,etc. I actually enjoy the time in the tripod, whether I see much or not. Something about watching the earth breathe in the morning and the solitude. It's great having a little slice of Texas all to myself to hunt but it's also a lot of work. Most of it after the shot is taken.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Not if you are in snow. Was glassing some deer up in PA at about 500 yards. They were looking right at me. When I put the binos down and took a couple of steps, the were hauling ass tails up and booking. Oldest doe was staring right at me and snorting and stomping.

Have been busted up there in orange with zero movement and wind was right as well.

Started having success when I started hanging orange vests on trees where I like to sit.

I'll be the stark white of the snow was the issue - rather than your figure breaking up into light and shadow, there was suddenly this shadowy shape moving against the snowy background.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Hey yall, just moved to NE Texas from Corpus. Never hunted in my state before but I've hunted a lot in Oregon since I have a lot of family there. I finally bought a house up here 30 miles north of Longview and I want to start hunting deer down here. What all do I need to be able to go out legally? The Texas website is a little confusing. From what I've gathered, Ill obviously need a $25 hunting license and of course my deer tags. I live right next to White Oak Creek WMA which offers public land hunting, after tags and the license what else do I need to be able to go hunt that land? For reference when I hunted Tillamook National Forest in Oregon, I could buy a tag and license and just willy nilly hunt, could I do that here or do I need extra steps/hoops to go through? I'm familiar with the proper limits, genders, caliber and everything else. I just don't want to be caught with a carcass and not have a vital paper. This is for rifle hunting
    <>

”Hey yall, just moved to NE Texas from Corpus. Never hunted in my state before but I've hunted a lot in Oregon since I have a lot of family there.”

”How do I hunt in Texas?”

Gee, something about this just doesn’t seem “right”.

I spent years in Corpus Christi and never couldn’t find a place to hunt. I can’t even recall ever being turned-down when asking landowners.

I always told them that I was familiar with cattle from caring for our own herd.

Good Luck !

leVieux

<>

Top Bottom