• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • plinkr

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 18, 2019
    US
    I won't argue the finer points of election security, as I am not an expert and rely on our judicial system to sort it out. But I'm hearing that we can't trust our electoral process at all. If so, did that just happen, or does it include 2016 as well? Back to the OP though, it comes down to math. If there is potential for (say) 10,000 fake votes but the margin is (a hypothetical) 150,000, then they actually don't matter. So, I suppose it would depend on how thirsty I was :)

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I posted this on another thread but it's a good fit here, too. A long read, but about halfway down, it gets really interesting:

How about a few cliff notes? I'm not going to read all of that.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I won't argue the finer points of election security, as I am not an expert and rely on our judicial system to sort it out. But I'm hearing that we can't trust our electoral process at all. If so, did that just happen, or does it include 2016 as well? Back to the OP though, it comes down to math. If there is potential for (say) 10,000 fake votes but the margin is (a hypothetical) 150,000, then they actually don't matter. So, I suppose it would depend on how thirsty I was :)

Might not matter for POTUS, but could matter down ballot where elections can be decided by single digits.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Even the voting for Class President in my 1st grade class was more secure. We knew there 21 students and everyone voted once. If we got <21 or >21 votes we knew it was fraudulent. We cannot even get 1st grade security in Real Presidential Election.

Well, I think that was also just a tad simpler...

plinkr

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 18, 2019
    US
    Might not matter for POTUS, but could matter down ballot where elections can be decided by single digits.
    If we were to take the election results at face value, it looks like a lot of people split their ballots, voting Republican down ballot and Democrat for POTUS.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Is that true? I am under the impression that there are multiple layers of security, including observers from both parties in the counting room. Even so, I tend to agree with you. How can we know? Our system has one primary mechanism to find the truth, and that is in court. So let's present the evidence, in court and under oath, and then we will know. Whomever winds up as the winner will be my President. Whatever happens, I don't want to be a whiner like all the Dems who claimed (hilariously) that Trump wasn't their President.

I can agree with some of what you said but seriously, do you think the truth comes from the courts?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Well, I think that was also just a tad simpler...

So you are saying it is too difficult to do a basic audit and make sure the number of people who voted at a given precinct is the same as the number who signed the blotter on election day?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

Matt Braynard

@MattBraynard

Follow
    Executive Director of Look Ahead America. Former Data Chief and Strategist for Trump for President. matt@braynard.com. Not one step back.

Matt Braynard

@MattBraynard

Update: - Georgia: We have identified over a thousand early/abs votes cast by individuals whose registered addresses are in fact at post offices, UPS, and FedEx locations, wilfully disguising the box numbers as "Apt," "Unit," etc.

Matt Braynard

@MattBraynard

·
    4h

Replying to
    @MattBraynard
    - Georgia: With just a partial review of the state, we've also discovered a thousand votes cast by those registered in non-residential, purely commercial addresses also disguised with "Apt," etc.

Matt Braynard

@MattBraynard

Replying to
    @MattBraynard
    Just to make clear: these are the residential addresses, not mailing addresses, that we've identified as having these problems.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Do you have a better suggestion?

Yes, ballots that can not be tampered with, thumbprint, signature, drop of dna or whatever on each one. The truth doesn't come from the courts. 9th circuit says one thing, Each court says something different. Supreme court handled a 2A case recently? Have you ever been to court? Truth, however that can be defined, rarely comes out of the courts. Innocents go to jail, guilty get set free.

plinkr

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 18, 2019
    US
    Yes, ballots that can not be tampered with, thumbprint, signature, drop of dna or whatever on each one. The truth doesn't come from the courts. 9th circuit says one thing, Each court says something different. Supreme court handled a 2A case recently? Have you ever been to court? Truth, however that can be defined, rarely comes out of the courts. Innocents go to jail, guilty get set free.
    I like your ideas about voting. Definitely something to consider for the future. Might require a Consitutional Amendment, since elections are run by counties and states. But we are here now, so besides the courts, what do we have?

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I like your ideas about voting. Definitely something to consider for the future. Might require a Consitutional Amendment, since elections are run by counties and states. But we are here now, so besides the courts, what do we have?

I don't have an answer which is why voting fraud has been going on forever. As long as we realize that "truth" doesn't come from the courts. If it did, lawyers wouldn't shop jurisdictions to file cases, TV advertisements for legal cases wouldn't exist, and judges would follow the constitution and not their personal beliefs.

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    What we have is 2 elections in a row where one side or the other thinks their candidate was cheated.

Slightly disagree, we have two elections in a row. 2016 the dems think their candidate was cheated because they did not understand/like how the constitution works with the electoral college. In 2020 Trump supporters know their candidate was cheated.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    If we were to take the election results at face value, it looks like a lot of people split their ballots, voting Republican down ballot and Democrat for POTUS.

I would believe that people might simply not vote for POTUS, but to down vote R and then decide to vote for a scumbag that will grope your six year old daughter if given the chance is a bit of a reach.

Also a bit of a reach that he got more of the black vote in Detroit than Barrack Obama.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Slightly disagree, we have two elections in a row. 2016 the dems think their candidate was cheated because they did not understand/like how the constitution works with the electoral college. In 2020 Trump supporters know their candidate was cheated.

The Dems think their candidate was cheated because of election interference. And is true Clintons emails were hacked and dumped to influence the election. Comey's October Surprise probably did more damage.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The Dems think their candidate was cheated because of election interference. And is true Clintons emails were hacked and dumped to influence the election. Comey's October Surprise probably did more damage.
    There's a difference between influencing and interference. My vote can be influenced to vote a different direction then intent, but it's still the way I voted. If my vote was changed through interference, then I was cheated out of my vote.

Top Bottom