• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas713

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Houston
    Yup....I've been waiting since Dec 14th..So yeah..hopefully I'll see some update's or something soon. I'm hoping this week........

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    My CHL packet was sent in at the begining of the month and my status still says "License Status: Application processed online. Concealed Handgun Licensing is waiting on the receipt of required materials. Once the application and materials have been received by Concealed Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page. "

ttyner1212

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    waco
    It took 23 days from the day they received mine at the mail room to change to background under review. I don't remember the exact day I mailed mine but they got it Dec. 27th and it changed Jan. 18th. It still says under review.

Texas713

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Houston
    Yea give it couple more weeks mine was like that for awhile but I turn mine in on dec 14 and they got it on the 18th...so yeah =/ Wait game begins.

Texas713

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Houston
    Aww we're almost bout the same...turned it in on Dec 14th and got a stamp back from post office where they send it back on the 18th...so Yea mines still say's the same thing also for couple weeks now...I was hoping some update's today...been a good while for us...

GRAYWOLF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    While the anticipation is driving me nuts (oops, maybe I shouldn't have said that publicly), I feel better reading this. I sent mine in on 1/8 and was wondering if something was wrong since nothing had been updated...I guess I'll just try to relax...

kallison13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    The state received my packet on Dec. 28th, and the status finally changed to "background under review" on Jan. 18th. I hate the waiting game! I am expecting to be receiving plastic within the next two weeks!

moshow9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    El Paso
    My wait is just starting (my fault for not taking the class sooner). Started the application process online last week, took the class on Saturday, fingerprints were on Monday, and packet was mailed out Tuesday morning.

kallison13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Well you can go ahead and expect atleast 5 weeks before you see plastic if they have no problems with your paper work or background checks. The waiting game suuuucks. It has been 28 days since the state has received my application in the mail.

68blackbird

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Corpus Christi
    My wait is just starting (my fault for not taking the class sooner). Started the application process online last week, took the class on Saturday, fingerprints were on Monday, and packet was mailed out Tuesday morning.

If you haven't already done so, take this time know the laws, be looking for signage at places you go to, get you edc gear set the way you want, wear it daily around the house to get used to it, at the same time practice your draw. You can get a lot of good work in while you wait for your plastic to arrive. My plastic came 2 days ago, I went "out" yesterday for the first time, Walmart, couple other stores, was no big deal at all. I think this was due to all the preperation in the weeks before getting plastic.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    If you haven't already done so, take this time know the laws, be looking for signage at places you go to, get you edc gear set the way you want, wear it daily around the house to get used to it, at the same time practice your draw. You can get a lot of good work in while you wait for your plastic to arrive. My plastic came 2 days ago, I went "out" yesterday for the first time, Walmart, couple other stores, was no big deal at all. I think this was due to all the preperation in the weeks before getting plastic.

X2. I carry around my house, practice practice practice.

sent from my dishwasher yo

medgunner1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    San Antonio
    I have been constantly carrying around my house too. Trying to get used to the weight and figure out what clothing combinations I can use to conceal well. You can also practice your draw in your home (unloaded weapon, dry fire if you want). It really helps with muscle memory

kallison13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    mailed in 12/26, received on 12/28, background underway on 1/18, background check complete and manufacturing pending on 1/26! getting close!

Top Bottom