• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtyler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Peeltown
    After finger prints are done, how long does the state take to realize they have them and note it on the website?
    Target Sports

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Short answer: Forever!

Long answer: It depends on how many other applications they've received, how much staff they have processing the applications, and how timely they are about updating each stage of progress.

preyn2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Burnet
    They track the number of times per day each applicant checks his/her online status, including after 5:00 pm when they aren't working. If you check your status fewer than thirty (30) times in a 24-hour period, they figure you don't want it bad enough.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    They track the number of times per day each applicant checks his/her online status, including after 5:00 pm when they aren't working. If you check your status fewer than thirty (30) times in a 24-hour period, they figure you don't want it bad enough.

Also true.

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    I mailed my stuff on September 25th, and they updated my info on October 6. So almost 2 weeks. Been waiting on my background to be reviewed since the 6th.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    If everything is squared away, it only takes about 14 days, especially if you don't call to get an update.

My wife got a call from Austin only five days after submitting her application.

Wanted to know if she was the same person they had on file with a medical license , a controlled substance license, and a DD214. Since they had her FBI prints on file, the new digital prints raised a flag.

She got her CHL license one week before I did, and we took the same class, and submitted our applications on the same day. She got hers in two weeks, mine followed a week later.

Neither one of us called Austin for an "update" either.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    So, everything else has the green checkmark, but under "Background check", it has a big red "X" with the words "OHMYGOD, you slippery son-of-a-b****, we finally found you!"
    Should I be worried?

Just kidding. I had a funny morning and I thought a little humor was in order.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    As of a few months ago, DPS' official processing time average was ~27 days from beginning to end for the whole CHL process.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Also, the website is not always accurate and up to date. Sometimes statuses are not completely accurate with what is really going on. Last time for me, I believe it listed as "printing" for about a week, and then just randomly showed up in the mail, and about a half a week later listed as "shipping" or mailing or whatever they call it. The website gives you a general idea, but that's about all.

Top Bottom