Guns International

How much could you pay for a Stetson cowboy hat?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    It's too g'd hot out there to be wearing felt/beaver/etc. Been wearing a Stetson Safari mesh hat for years. Wear it in the river/pool too. SPF 50. Chin strap had to go though.

1694557967992.png

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Mine all look like baseball caps...wait, they are.

My favorite says Primary Arms on it and is a delightful shade of camo.

Cost, nuttin.

Came with some gun gear I bought from them about 3/4 years ago and is gettin kinda long in the tooth.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I had my dad's old stetson for years. It was a 10x if I recall. He gave it to me when I was 11 and joined the scouts. The lining was torn so it came out. Put some leather inside the sweatband to make it fit. By the time I was 15, the sweatband had to go because the hat was too small. I wore that hat on all camping trips, canoe trips, etc. In the summer when it was hot, I would soak it in water to keep me cool. I wish I still had that hat. It had hard earned scars and lots off memories from the summer three of us hiked the continental divide to guiding canoe trips in Canada.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    This is a fairly reliable indicator of fundamentally incompatible personalities.

I read about your experience when you first posted it and I haven't been able to get it out of my mind. I'm afraid I would have become violent.

It’s the closest I’ve ever come to hitting a woman.

It was my mother in laws doing. We were at odds for years. It was hard to see how my wife was her child.

She was repaid in some very underhanded ways over many years. Not the least of which was moving her daughter and grandkids hours away.

She tried to run me off because she thought I was a backwoods hick. Maybe I was a little of that. But my mere presence was often enough to irritate her. And I lived it.

She came around when she realized I was the most educated and professional of the men. My father in law affected that too as we were very close.

But I’ve never forgotten who threw away the hat that was given to me as a boy by a man I revere to this day. It’s been 40 years ago.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Dang it, I just got my Marshall last week and now I'm tempted to get this Stetson Square cowboy hat made from Mexican palm leaf...

1696199850314.png

Thanks to this guy!

By the way, I also got this HYDERMUS Cowboy Hat Holder Rustic Wood Arrow Design Hat Organizer from Amazon which stores my Stetsons nicely!

1696200022120.png

$20.49 at the moment, but last Friday it was only $19.99...

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I've got a Stetson, but I never wear it. Brim is too small to provide adequate coverage. I like the big brim hats that you can only pickup at gas stations and flea markets. Wear those things even when it's not appropriate. I gotta have shade.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I've got a Stetson, but I never wear it. Brim is too small to provide adequate coverage. I like the big brim hats that you can only pickup at gas stations and flea markets. Wear those things even when it's not appropriate. I gotta have shade.

I’ve put the giant taco hats back on the rack a dozen times. Next time I’m buying one.

Top Bottom