• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    you should probably watch the video. Paul brings that point up (with a better comment than the Twain one.)

Yeah, I did watch it; don’t see that he presented anything too terribly interesting. And I think the Mark Twain quote was and is truly classic - certainly not topped by anything said in the video. IMHO, YMMV.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Yeah, I did watch it; don’t see that he presented anything too terribly interesting. And I think the Mark Twain quote was and is truly classic - certainly not topped by anything said in the video. IMHO, YMMV.

I use the Twain quote in my class lecture about unemployment. Pretty much a useless statistic when you realize that discouraged workers, underemployed workers, and etc are not counted.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I'll need to watch the video before commenting on statistics
    My boss used to say "Statistics are the work of the Devil". My example: Today we came within less than an inch and a half of doubling our rainfall for this calendar year. (In fact we got 1.6" and prior to today, year to date was 3.0" of rain).

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I like to carry a spare mag to help balance out the weight of the pistol on my other hip. So, if I'm carrying my SIG, I've got 15+1 in the pistol on my right hip and another 15 in the spare mag on my left side. I'll likely never need the reload, but if I do it would suck not to have it.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Yeah, so....what gun is gonna save your life when flight Delta 911 is going down?
    What gun is gonna save your life when hit by a drunk driver? (Most likely way of random demise. )

Accidents are just that, nothing can be done.

You seem to bounce between aggressive trolling, then full tilt humor.

Not the best way to break in to a new group of "friends".
    Just my very humble opinion .

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Accidents are just that, nothing can be done.

You seem to bounce between aggressive trolling, then full tilt humor.

Not the best way to break in to a new group of "friends".
    Just my very humble opinion .

Sooo...winding up in a life threatening situation with an armed attacker is what? On purpose?
    My point is this, you really can't plan for the future. You can only find a false sense of security that makes you feel safe. Pick what you want, don't fly, arm yourself, whatever...

In the end ,we can only accelerate our demise through stupidity, but cannot prevent it...( That's just not in our hands).

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Sooo...winding up in a life threatening situation with an armed attacker is what? On purpose?
    My point is this, you really can't plan for the future. You can only find a false sense of security that makes you feel safe. Pick what you want, don't fly, arm yourself, whatever...

In the end ,we can only accelerate our demise through stupidity, but cannot prevent it...( That's just not in our hands).

Obviously not, but if you are armed it gives one at least a "fighting" chance to do something about it.

Plane crashes and car crashes, one can't do anything.

Not the same thing.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock

"To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand..."

Top Bottom