Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Easy there skeezicks. Do yourself a favor and stop telling people if they don't do things your way they shouldn't have the tools to defend themselves.

I'm tired of people telling other people they shouldn't be armed. If you're going to do that, do yourself and everyone else a favor and go play in the highway.

Countless cases of people who neglect training but have been able to defend themselves. Is training good, of course. Should some one stop carrying because they don't train or practice as much as YOU think they should. Hell no.
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

M2 Carbine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2014
    Yeah, because why would you actually want to get better at something?
    You are assuming that doing a boring repetitive exercise would make me "better".

I'm tired of seeing people at the range being content with having their B-27 target look like it was hit by a shotgun at 5 yards and saying something stupid like "That's good enough to keep him down".

Does this look like a "shotgun pattern"?
    I do just fine without wasting my time doing something that for me has all the interest of watching paint dry.

Ramitarget_zpsf88d6bcf.gif

Glock19_zpsbd781f48.gif

RugerLC9s2_zpsc7c87e7e.gif

Bersa_zps2b4e94bf.gif

SIGP938targetwlaser_zpsfafe6829.gif

G42MagTech_zps3ac0bfc5.gif

XDSslowfire_zps84965e6a.gif

Beretta92FS-1.gif

Glock33.gif

Micro Desert Eagle. 52 yards offhand.
    MDEat50yards.gif

If you have an CHL and carry a firearm on the daily, but neglect training; please do yourself and everyone else and favor and start leaving it at home because all you are is a liability
    I shoot a lot.
    I could express the same type of elitist antigun bullshit and say,
    If YOU don't shoot as much as I think you should shoot, you are a liability, YOU should leave your gun home.
    Thankfully people are free to shoot as much or as little as they can, or want to, or can afford to.

Last edited:

StevenC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    This poll doesn't have a choice of "never". "Never" isn't necessarily a bad thing. Some folks have ranges right outside their back door and would rather shoot live ammo.

I could offer there are a few things which can't and probably ought not to be done with live ammo or loaded guns; like practicing from your favorite easy-chair or at your desk in your study or from your bed to place to defend from.
    Live fire is top notch. Somethings are best done with dry-fire.

M2 Carbine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2014
    Somethings are best done with dry-fire.
    Can't say I thought of such things as "dry-fire" but OK, and I certainly agree such exercises shouldn't be done with a loaded gun.

Along those lines.
    I have a Ruger SR22 equipped with a Streamlight TLR-4 laser/light.

SR22wTLR4_zpsf1b7dc03.gif

This gun hangs by the back door. Loaded magazine, empty chamber.
    It's use is primarily as a flash light as I close up the place at night, or for investigating my dog barking, etc.

Sometimes as I move around the place at night closing up the barn. etc, I will "dry fire" a few times with the laser, or laser/light. In effect using the laser switch as the trigger (finger off the gun's trigger).
    My yard is fairly large, so it's interesting seeing how much I may be shaking the laser dot around on the target 35-45 yards away.

kotetu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2013
    Houston
    Why not? ;)

Lately I have added the following:

I hang my wife's shirt beside me and practice pushing "her" behind me/stepping in front while drawing and sighting a target. I practice from the weak side and strong side.

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    Dry fire training daily. Draw and fire practice at least once a week.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

kotetu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2013
    Houston
    Joking, right?

Nope. We take walks together, so I thought about what I would do if we encountered something bad. That's one thing I came up with. You have another thought?

We're going to take a Krav Maga class together, and see how it goes. ;)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That sounds like a terrible idea... Taking the classes is a good idea, but take them separately :laughing:

Possibly. Then again, my daughter is doing Taekwondo now, the family teaching it going through a rough patch, started taking classes together, family came together again, and now have their own school.

Never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Why not? ;)

Lately I have added the following:

I hang my wife's shirt beside me and practice pushing "her" behind me/stepping in front while drawing and sighting a target. I practice from the weak side and strong side.
    That just sounds silly to me.

I have no issue with you training to step in front of her. It is the effort to push her behind you that I see as a problem.

If the situation arises that that needs to happen, the wasted movement may take just long enough to get you shot.

Your whole effort and concentration should be on the threat at hand. Have her train to step behind you.

But do as you wish.

kotetu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2013
    Houston
    I had thought of that - the extra time, that is. It's not much, and maybe the whole thing is something I should train myself not to do. I am not certain. I came up with the idea as a training tool after thinking about what my natural reaction would be to a threat with my wife present. I also thought it might be better to push her away. In the end, though I figure placing myself in front of her is a barrier to harm.

And you're right, I need to train with her, we just haven't gotten to couples training yet. ;) It's in the works though! thanks for your thoughts. I will never take offense since this is all to help us get more prepared.

That just sounds silly to me.

I have no issue with you training to step in front of her. It is the effort to push her behind you that I see as a problem.

If the situation arises that that needs to happen, the wasted movement may take just long enough to get you shot.

Your whole effort and concentration should be on the threat at hand. Have her train to step behind you.

But do as you wish.

Top Bottom