Join TexasGunTalk

how to clear live round stuck in barrel

Discussion in 'Video How-To's and Tutorials' started by kk365ss, Feb 19, 2017.

1. TX OMFS

TX OMFS Active Member Forum Sponsor

Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Umm...

2. grasshopperglock

grasshopperglock Spooky

Jan 5, 2012
    Killeen

Nothing but a rant, my man. I slip sometimes. Those laws are getting pure overtime. Whether in a golf cart or standing, walking around.

Tax payer overtime. Get it while it's hot.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  3. Kar98

Kar98 Well-Known

Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Although I do seem to remember having once bought either a complete rifle, or just the action with a bullet stuck in it either at a gun show or in the vicinity. Vice grips, dowel, and a hammer took care of it.

4. grasshopperglock

grasshopperglock Spooky

Jan 5, 2012
    Killeen

If it comes with a discount. I don't care much to which is stuck in the barrel.

$$$. Tap that turd out the barrel and drive on.

5. Deavis

Deavis Active Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    If you can see the primer from the casing you tried to fire, how can thier be a live round in the barrel? By round do you mean there is a bullet in the bore? Round or cartridge isn't the same thing as a bullet.

If it is a bullet in the bore, take your barrel off and tap it out from the muzzle end with a wooden dowel. That's a squib, congrats for not being stupid and trying to rack into it and keep shooting. Saved a blown up gun. Take pictures, ask for a refund, and bring it to the manufacturer's attention.

If the cartridge is stuck in the chamber, rack it out by hand or use pressure on a share object against the slide as described here already.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

6. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!

Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    A "squib rod" is what most of us use. It's a lot like a black powder ball starter with a short rod and a ball at the end. The latest squib rods I've seen were in the Dillon catalog.

I purchased a cartridge gauge for almost everything that I fire. Strangely, I bought a box of .300 Blackout ammo at Academy and one of those factory rounds had a tight fit and refused to enter the 300BLK die. I'm glad that I found that problem early!

Don't do your final inspection on the firing line. It just takes a minute to check a whole box of ammo to make sure that the rounds chamber correctly, before you get to the range!

Flash

7. Whistler

Whistler Active Member TGT Supporter

Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    I keep a short dowel rod in one of my range bags just for squibs since my brother's M&P .45 experienced a couple when he first started reloading. We had hell clearing a .22 once when the guy (my uncle) forgot to remove the bore sight (not really a squib but a mess regardless).

8. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!

Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    About 10 years ago, I traded for an SKS rifle for some motorcycle leathers that shrunk (snicker). I took the rifle and it knocked around the living room untouched for a long time. To my horror, I checked it much later and found it was fully loaded and ready to fire. Boy.....did I learn a lesson!

Flash

9. kk365ss

kk365ss New Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Dime Box
    Thanks a bunch folks. got it cleared no problem thanks to ya'll.
    don't know much but i know when to ask for help just to make sure.
    didn't get to be 70 hand still have 10 fingers by my self.

10. kk365ss

kk365ss New Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Dime Box
    don't type good either