• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    C'mon guys, Investigator is very up on Texas Law, valuable info for all of us. If in some way we step on his toes, he steps back.....on the stepper's....

Fussin' ain't fun, guns are....

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    Maybe I'm confused ... I haven't been down near the border in a while, so ... where do you run into Border Patrol agents under these circumstances if you're not crossing the border? Is there a checkpoint INSIDE the US that they are staffing? How does that work?

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Maybe I'm confused ... I haven't been down near the border in a while, so ... where do you run into Border Patrol agents under these circumstances if you're not crossing the border? Is there a checkpoint INSIDE the US that they are staffing? How does that work?

yeah, usually very close to the border. I go by one when i go to my friend's land in Brackeville to hunt From San Antonio.

Basically there is Border patrol. Everyone stops and the officer askes if you are a US citizen. There is a dog there sometimes (drug dog?).

I just say "yes sir." Never had a problem.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    The only time a stop at a checkpoint lasted longer than "are you a US citizen" for me was when I was asleep in the passenger seat with a pillow over my head and had to be woke up to verify, after figuring out where I was, answered the question and went back to sleep as we drove off

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Aaaah the opinion nazi squashing the ideas of those he does not agree with.

Its his opinion and he is welcome to it as are you.

His opinion has nothing to do with this thread, it is off topic and makes HIM look stupid rather than the police. That is MY opinion. Doesn't help you to defend him either, slick.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Wonder why they ask me a trick question, Where are you from, instead of the standard, Are you a US citizen...

I used to pass through the checkpoint near Harlingen frequently, and was never given any trouble. Sometimes they would ask for my license, sometimes they'd ask where I'm coming from, but usually they'd say, "Good afternoon, sir. How are you, today?"

I'd say, "Fine, thanks."

They'd say, "Sorry for the inconvenience. Have a nice day," and wave me through.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    and was never given any trouble.

Same. I couldn't care any less about being asked where I'm from, poking fun if anything. My dealings with these guys was always very fast. Besides, I figure if they were serious about it, the border would have been sealed long ago.

The guys at the border crossings are a different matter. I've had good, bad, and clueless.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    if youre traveling its legal to carry in your vehicle as long as the weapon is stowed and out of sight and that is per the lady at the DPS hub in Austin.

If you are "traveling" there is no legal requirement how you carry it as long as it is not intended to alarm.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    If you are "traveling" there is no legal requirement how you carry it as long as it is not intended to alarm.

For the 64,478th time, there is no such concept as "traveling" any longer. The MPA (TPC Section 46.02) explains the requirements for unlicensed carry. "Traveling" is not a factor. And it DOES matter how you carry.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    For the 64,478th time, there is no such concept as "traveling" any longer. The MPA (TPC Section 46.02) explains the requirements for unlicensed carry. "Traveling" is not a factor. And it DOES matter how you carry.

Wrong.

The 46.15 N/A law is still on the books, and all of the 150 years of Case Law is still valid.

The MPA did not delete anything, only added.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Wrong.

The 46.15 N/A law is still on the books, and all of the 150 years of Case Law is still valid.

The MPA did not delete anything, only added.

"Traveling" was never defined under 46.15. Changes to TPC Section 46.02 effectively nullify the traveling exception by specifically outlining the requirements for unlicensed carry.

Top Bottom