• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I'll live my life without all the worry and fear.
    I take care of the things I can. GOD takes care of the rest.
    Normal, reasonable measures here.
    Lynx Defense

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I'm about to start on some custom burglar bars for my lower level of the house. I'm not gonna install them uless it gets crazy out , as my area is safe right now. I have rolls of earth tubes for sand bags , for perimeter LPOP's. 12g trip wires with directional blast . Battery powered sensored lights that alert to movement. I'd love to build a centerblock Bavarian watch tower or lookout but that probably won't happen lol. I have a large roll of barbed wire that would be used in certain locations .

Hardy plank siding or mason siding that wont burn or is harder to penetrate. The much needed fire extinguishers. A solid door with a reinforced deadbolt in to cripple.

I have kids to protect and I'll be damned if I have to watch them suffer in any way. Chances are none of this will happen , but if I lived my life by chances, I wouldn't drive.

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    As for liability, well if little Billy next door rides his tricycle into my barbed wire outer perimeter fence I'll put a Happy face Band-Aid on his cut and send him on his way.

There you go.....you have all the answers! You don't appear to have any experience of appearing in court on a liability case. I have been there and it takes YEARS to resolve a case like that. Your preparations show intent to harm others. You'll love court and the lawyers will love YOU!

Flash

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    I guess the answer is if you knew a mob was coming. shtf scenarios are one thing. then laws really don't matter. you do what you have to do to protect whats yours.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    As for liability, well if little Billy next door rides his tricycle into my barbed wire outer perimeter fence I'll put a Happy face Band-Aid on his cut and send him on his way.

There you go.....you have all the answers! You don't appear to have any experience of appearing in court on a liability case. I have been there and it takes YEARS to resolve a case like that. Your preparations show intent to harm others. You'll love court and the lawyers will love YOU!

Flash

I think the OP is talking about all out WROL(without rule of law). If little Johnny is riding his tricycle in a time like this, then his parents should be slapped.

I don't think anyone is talking about trapping their land in regular times , because that's flat out irresponsible.

Key word: Catastrophic collapse!

Any you guys gonna watch American Blackout tonight?

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston

Flash

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've seen some riots and have been in a few. Got in some trouble, too. You don't understand the nature of the beast. They are just like a grass fire. You see smoke while it smoulders then suddenly it bursts into a hot blaze. The fire is very hot but short lived and the rioters get tired and go home. Even those who occupy buildings eventually give it up and go home. That's how it works.

You need rapid deployment of your defenses, be prepared for an intense but short exchange where ANYTHING is possible. In Chicago, the rioters used rocks, bricks, Molotov cocktails, paint cans and Easy Off Oven Cleaner. Then it goes POOF and people disappear into the dark.

In the past few years, I saw the smoke several times. After a riot is over, the civilian authorities take control and pat themselves on the back for containing the violence. They had little to do with restoring peace, the fire simply burned down on its own.

We, however, got close several times, recently. Stay tuned.

Flash

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    I'd like to build on some acerage soon. One idea is a deep culvert along the road way with a barbed wire fence behind it. I could put short spikes under the fence line in case anybody wants to drive over it away from the road. Home construction will be as much metal and concrete as possible for fire protection. I'd like to have a fence section made of iron that works as a draw bridge with a garage door opener.

I'd like to build out of sight from the road. I want to provide all of my own utilities. Out of sight, out of mind. That wouldn't be my only defense, just the first. I'd like to plant berry bushes along fence lines. They are usually prickly and provide food also. Fruit and pecan trees will be part of my plan also.

A good security camera system is a must, but this only helps post SHTF if you make your own electricity. A hidden room for prepper storage, camera control, and hiding out would be good. Fortifying your house makes it look like your hiding something. A hidden room may be a good place to wait it out until it blows over if you aren't away from the city.

Last edited:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I am sure TXI will jump in here but I would be wary of installing booby traps all over my property. IIRC there are laws against doing this? I would like to see Texas law covering this.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    But it can't shoot in all directions at all times. A determined group is eventually going to figure out your available positions and adapt.

If they are willing to pay the price... you will eventually lose. If you are facing that kind of enemy youd be better off not to draw attention to yourself or stay mobile.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I think the OP is talking about all out WROL(without rule of law). If little Johnny is riding his tricycle in a time like this, then his parents should be slapped.

I don't think anyone is talking about trapping their land in regular times , because that's flat out irresponsible.

Key word: Catastrophic collapse!

Any you guys gonna watch American Blackout tonight?
    Yes, I watched American Blackout last night. That show could be the basis of it's own thread like; how stupid can the guy in Colorado be? ;>)

drewinTX

Oldest of my clan
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Tennessee Texas
    I live way out in the boonies, and hopefully I won't have to defend my property and food. I have several thousand rounds of ammo in different calibers and gauges, and the firearms to use the ammo in. My son, who is regular Army would bring his family from Colorado if TSHTF.
    I own a little 4 acre plot with over half of it wooded so have cleared a space big enough for several tents. I would not want to go out back, but am able to if needed.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I'll live my life without all the worry and fear.
    I take care of the things I can. GOD takes care of the rest.
    Normal, reasonable measures here.
    Well, trust in God didn't stop David from extending the walls of the Jebusite city he conquered, nor did it stop his son Solomon. That former Jebusite city is now known as Jerusalem. Non-preppers tend to dismiss preppers as "fearful", which of course is patent nonsense else America would be the most fearful country on the planet. I prefer the term prudent.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Maybe I worded my statement poorly.

I do make preparations. Nature can be very cruel.
    I do not live in a constant state of worry.
    if it's my time, it's my time.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    Well I own and cut Ar500 plates in my shop, I have a variety of full plate (8ftx20ft) in 1/2 thickness all the way up to 1in. I can get a few of my employee's to cut them on my KOIKE machine enough for a single man to carry and start building areas for Cover just in case... Gotta love what steel can do..

Top Bottom