How to mount flashlight to lever action rifle?

35Remington

TGT Addict
Dec 9, 2011
Way out here
Howdy all,

I have enjoyed shooing pigs with the Primary Arms red dot on my Marlin 336, but I miss the flashlight I used to be able to easily attach to the scope tube. Can you help me get the flashlight back on the gun, whilst keeping the red dot?

eryhesum.jpg

u9eje4uq.jpg

ryzeqe9u.jpg

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
Jul 24, 2011
Conroe, TX
Is the tube thick enough to clamp the scope to on the bottom? Are you willing to see if you have space to drill for a small magpul moe rail? I know i wouldnt be willing on a wood stock but maybe you might.

35Remington

TGT Addict
Dec 9, 2011
Way out here
I'm concerned about scratching or denting the tube with the added leverage of a mounted light. No, I sure don't wanna drill the wood.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
Jul 24, 2011
Conroe, TX
I think your best bet is to run a 45* offset rail mount and then a very tall/high flashlight mount the 45* or better offset mount will keep it low profile so you can still see full view of your RDS whether mounted forward or rear of it and the tall rings make sure to push it out of the way even further.

You would also have to run a riser on your RDS as i see its very low

Charlie

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 19, 2008
Kerr County
If you don't like it I'll buy it from you. I don't need it badly but I've kinda' been looking for an offset light mount.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
Jul 24, 2011
Conroe, TX
If you don't like it I'll buy it from you. I don't need it badly but I've kinda' been looking for an offset light mount.
The mount works very great and is very good for the price. I have had no issues at all. Uploading pics now.

I have a one inch tube 1x4 leupold. It clears this mount easily if i were to mount it on top.

I also got stung by a dang wasp while editing and taking these pics.

Last edited:

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Drockton Bullion

Latest posts

Forum statistics