• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Is this before or after you have bought the firearm?

I assume you already bought it, so if you filled out a 4473 before your purchase you should be fine because you would have known right away.

In a face to face transaction, there isn't much you can do unless you go to a police station or other law enforcement agency able to access the FBI database. Just note that if it is found stolen, they will take it from you. It's a lose-lose situation here, you will be out the money you paid the seller, and you won't have the firearm.

Your best bet is to simply keep the name of the seller for your records and keep your firearms and their serials numbers private. No one needs to know what you have.

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I disagree...............you should give the serial number to your local PD and ask them if it was stolen. That way you cover your butt. If it's stolen.............you lose it. If not.............guess what you just did? You linked you to a firearm that you own.

Please quit asking dumb questions...........just file your stuff away.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    How?

I am ffl I cannot do it

Ya know what I recall now the little shop that had the sign saying they would do it was here in SA and the gentleman was also an SA PD officer being Im not and FFL I stand corrected.

Must be he was able to due to his officer status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Ya know what I recall now the little shop that had the sign saying they would do it was here in SA and the gentleman was also an SA PD officer being Im not and FFL I stand corrected.

Must be he was able to due to his officer status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was it Wetmore Sports? I remember seeing a sign in their place years ago offering the service.

Top Bottom