Howdy form Del Rio

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by On The Border, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Howdy Y'all from the edge of the world: beautiful Del Rio, Texas the gateway to Ciudad Acuna and home to beautiful Lake Amistad.

I found y'all through another forum. Shorts had the link in her sig. and I came by and liked what I saw.

By reading some of your posts, I think I'm really gonna like it here!

2. juwaba98

juwaba98 Well-Known

May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Welcome aboard

3. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Welcome aboard!

I hear the fishing is pretty good down there. A friend of mine drove from East Texas to Lake Amistad to fish.......must be some really special fish you got over there. Apparently, they hit (with the truck) three deer while there.

4. The Bass fishing is "World Class". It used to be a well-kept secret until a few years ago when the Bassmaster Elite Series came to town and fractured all their weight records. It's an amazing fishery. It's also quite beautiful. I'm lucky enough to have it be the first thing I see every morning and the last thing I see at night.

Deer are EVERYWHERE! I see 3 or 4 new carcasses every morning on my way to town. I have a herd of about 10 freeloaders that I feed every evening. Last year at this time I had about 13.

5. LittleGun

LittleGun Active Member

Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    Welcome from Houston. Del Rio is a nice town.

6. jim t

jim t Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Hawley Texas
    welcome to the site and post up and enjoy:p. now can I say I hate you??? great fishing and great deer...... you suck. share the wealth:rofl:

7. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    Welcome from El Paso.:banger:

8. 308nato

308nato TGT Addict

Welcome to the forum, lots of good folks here .

9. Code3GT

Code3GT Active Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    Oh man, I feel for ya...I was in Hell Rio for about a year at Laughlin AFB. J/K, it really wasnt that bad