Howdy from a re-patriated Texan

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Exile Machine, May 17, 2009.

1. Exile Machine

Exile Machine Active Member

May 17, 2009
    Dallas Texas
    Lived in TX since 1983. Spent the last 4 years living outside Texas, had to leave to find a job. Now I'm back. Going to stay this time, won't repeat the mistake of leaving Texas again.

Spent the last two years in California. Best day ever was a couple months ago when the boss called and said I was being laid off. My first thought was "Now I get to return to Texas!" I gotta say, it's great to breathe free air again. I had a gig that allowed me to drive across Arizona once a month. I loaded up the company car with every firearm I had and made sure to stay in Yuma to shoot at their free outdoor range (Adair Range). Built myself a CA-legal AR-15. Yes such a thing does exist and you would not believe how complicated and twisted the gun laws are there, and how they are starting to fall in the face of legal attacks from organized CA gun owners (Calguns foundation & Calguns.net) They are truly under attack from the anti-gunners but fighting back and they are winning. I sold the AR-15 rifle before I bugged out, needed the money. Managed to hang on to everything else.

So I'm still looking for a gig. Know anyone hiring in high tech (RF/Microwave, test equipment, software, semiconductor) direct sales (BSEE+MBA), I'm the guy. DFW Area, will not relocate.

-Mark

2. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Hello & welcome.

3. Texan2

Texan2 TGT Addict

Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Welcome back...good luck on the job hunt

4. GM.Chief

GM.Chief Well-Known

Mar 16, 2009
    Welcome

5. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
  6. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Welcome from another Flower Moundite! :happy0001:

7. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    heya

8. juwaba98

juwaba98 Well-Known

May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Welcome aboard!

9. Starker

Starker Active Member

Nice to have you here!

10. frijolero817

frijolero817 Member

May 17, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I bet it's good to be back in Tx, I was in California for months at a time, and it was all I could handle. Welcome.