Huffines for Texas Governor?

45tex

TGT Addict
Feb 1, 2009
I too want to see Col. West send the RINO Cornyn packing. But he would be a fine Governor as well.
I don't hate Fluffly Abbott. He has been around too long. He and Perry before him didn't pay any attention to the border between elections. I think the Texas wall is a lie that will be dropped after he gets reelected. Like Perry did with the border cameras that were turned off the day after the election

popper

Well-Known
Apr 23, 2013
Todd hit it pretty good. Gov signs bills, calls special sessions, HAD emergency powers. Neither Abbott or Perry could build the wall, can't get any $, big court fight over private property - border is FED property! Pretty much followed CDC (creepy Fauchi) on China virus - what would YOU have done different, not knowing if this stuff was bad or not? Not saying Abbott is the best but far from worst. Mostly the House is the problem.
In another issue, VanTaylor is having open house (AMACS sponsored in Plano July14.). Looking at his recent voting record - no against juneteenth, deleting funding for Afgan. For - funding for Cap. police and medals for them. Ouch.

wiredgeorge

Dec 10, 2010
Mico TX
Looked at Huffines campaign website and I was struck that he wanted to do away with property taxes. Sounds good. Said he took income taxes off the table. How are funds going to be raised for schools and the county? No mention of that. A 25 percent sales tax perhaps? At this point, would have to stick with Abbott.

Rhino

Well-Known
Jan 22, 2009
DFW Area
Looked at Huffines campaign website and I was struck that he wanted to do away with property taxes. Sounds good. Said he took income taxes off the table. How are funds going to be raised for schools and the county? No mention of that. A 25 percent sales tax perhaps? At this point, would have to stick with Abbott.

Personal opinion - sticking with Abbott is a RINO vote that emboldens the establishment. Vote against Abbott in the primaries, if he wins anyway, you’ve lost nothing and can vote Abbott in the general election.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
Sep 27, 2017
Boerne
More and more I’m thinking about how candidates view the role of government in who I vote for. Not just broad more=bad/good, but things like whether or not the legislature is going to reign in somebody who’s sitting in a constitutionally weak governor’s seat.

Personally, I think politicians have gone overboard in how much of a role both politics and government should be involved in the lives and livelihood of people and business. At it’s core, the role of any .gov is to provide for common goods and services, not create provoking policies on shît just to stir people up or placate special interests.

Rhino

Well-Known
Jan 22, 2009
DFW Area
More and more I’m thinking about how candidates view the role of government in who I vote for. Not just broad more=bad/good, but things like whether or not the legislature is going to reign in somebody who’s sitting in a constitutionally weak governor’s seat.

Personally, I think politicians have gone overboard in how much of a role both politics and government should be involved in the lives and livelihood of people and business. At it’s core, the role of any .gov is to provide for common goods and services, not create provoking policies on shît just to stir people up or placate special interests.

I’d argue it’s role is even more limited than that…
Gov Abbott made his views clear with the lockdowns.

popper

Well-Known
Apr 23, 2013
Factions in Texas have tried eliminating property tax for many sessions, didn't fly. What would replace it? Income tax? Increase sales tax?

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud

Latest posts

Forum statistics