• ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Neo-Nazi Hispanic is a thing.
    2022 https://www.axios.com/2022/03/10/rise-white-nationalist-hispanics-latinos

2017 https://apnews.com/article/hispanic...ws-caribbean-4e92e8abb6a4498b86e69b2fe02425d4

1978-Present Nazi Low Riders https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_Lowriders

2016 talk on Mexican Nazis

2016 Nazi Themed wedding in Mexico https://nypost.com/2022/05/06/nazi-themed-wedding-in-mexico-celebrates-hitlers-reign/

Yeah, this narrative is not just convenient, but surprisingly long standing when you see how long it has been around.

It is like transgender. You desparately want or identify with a group but you are not actually one of them, you are just mentally ill.
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Guns purchased legally according to the news. As for trouble in private purchase I meant FBI comes around and bugs you for info, probably a nervous situation.

SGT Dave

Very Tired
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Kyle, TX
    Guns purchased legally according to the news. As for trouble in private purchase I meant FBI comes around and bugs you for info, probably a nervous situation.
    This is at least the second mass shooter discharged from the military for mental health issues. One would assume such a condition would disqualify a person from legally purchasing a firearm. This lack of inter-departmental cooperation demonstrates the government's inability to enforce any proposed "red flag" laws.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    I just noticed the missing lens in the shooter's glasses. The (heroic) cop must have put one in his eye socket. I am impressed! Seriously.
    Yes, the officer did what he was trained to do. Put his life on the line and ran towards the shooting and took down the threat which saved many lives. Thank you officer.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    This is at least the second mass shooter discharged from the military for mental health issues. One would assume such a condition would disqualify a person from legally purchasing a firearm. This lack of inter-departmental cooperation demonstrates the government's inability to enforce any proposed "red flag" laws.

Except protecting the public isn't what red flag laws are for. Making it easier to strip rights from law-abiding gun owners through malicious (and secret) prosecution is.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    ONLY IF THE INFORMATIO ABOUT HIS MENTAL FITNESS IS UPPLOADED TO THE DATABASE

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    The military kicking known threats back out into the population seems almost like a feature...

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    This is typical of the government’s double speak; they scream for red flag laws but don’t require the military arm to report mental issues of discharged service prople to the DOJ so they can be entered into the background check system.

It’s just like all of the laws restricting gun possession by convicted felons. When an arrest is made for a violent crime, the first charges to be thrown out by the DAs are the weapons charges.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    This is typical of the government’s double speak; they scream for red flag laws but don’t require the military arm to report mental issues of discharged service prople to the DOJ so they can be entered into the background check system.

It’s just like all of the laws restricting gun possession by convicted felons. When an arrest is made for a violent crime, the first charges to be thrown out by the DAs are the weapons charges.

I don’t think you understand the bar that has to be met to be declared a prohibited person for mental health reasons. It’s pretty high.

fc4f7cf96c548fc73df5440e40b840ac.jpg

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Yeah, I hear HB 2744 (raise age 18 to 21 to buy rifle) is dead in the water. Gone.
    Dallas Morning News editorial 5/10/2023 is still hoping for gun reform based on two Rs voting in committee to raise age to buy rifle to 21. They admit in editorial that unlikely to become law. They want a full House vote.

I wrote the paper that a state can (but it would unconstitutional) pass a law raising the age limit. The unconstitutional part is one can't deny Second Amendment right to an adult. Right or wrong with the 26th Amendment which reduced voting age to 18 we now say that majority starts at age 18. If the country doesn't like that age then change it back to 21 for voting and guns.

Attachments

• Editorial-cartoon-Guns.jpg
      Editorial-cartoon-Guns.jpg
      173.5 KB · Views: 27

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I wrote the paper that a state can (but it would unconstitutional) pass a law raising the age limit. The unconstitutional part is one can't deny Second Amendment right to an adult. Right or wrong with the 26th Amendment which reduced voting age to 18 we now say that majority starts at age 18. If the country doesn't like that age then change it back to 21 for voting and guns.

Since 1968, <21 cannot buy handguns, etc.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Since 1968, <21 cannot buy handguns, etc.
    True and likely to face court test. The Supreme Court has ruled that gun control laws are unconstitutional [Heller, Bruen, McDonald, etc] It stated that the Second Amendment allows the American people to own firearms, but it also stated that this right can be limited.

With the Bruen decision last year I would think along with court cases now against states imposing age limits that the Gun Control Act of 1968 will also be challenged.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    True and likely to face court test. The Supreme Court has ruled that gun control laws are unconstitutional [Heller, Bruen, McDonald, etc] It stated that the Second Amendment allows the American people to own firearms, but it also stated that this right can be limited.

With the Bruen decision last year I would think along with court cases now against states imposing age limits that the Gun Control Act of 1968 will also be challenged.

It has faced 2 court test I know of and failed.

I am not aware of any Post-Bruen, it seems like a slam dunk 5th would allow it given the Texas carry case.

The window of a pro-gun SCOTUS is not forever, not sure why we are not flooding cases.

Top Bottom