2013-02-02101255_zpsc78761b9.jpg
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I took a trip with a Knot Head woman to Belen New Mexico where we set up a large tent and stayed on her Aunt's land. We were going to ride my Kawasaki KLR 650 to the ancient cliff dwellings in the area. She wussed out on the tours and sat around BSing with her Aunt for almost a week so I hopped on the KLR and rode it back to Houston. It was 105 degrees in NM and I was pissed off so I ran the bike pretty fast to get the 1065 mile trip over as soon as possible. I ran an easy 85-95mph until I got near Houston.

I got almost to the Texas State line when I passed a Semi Truck. 1/2 around the truck, I heard a "BOOM" and a 12" section of exploded truck tire whizzed right past my nose at high velocity! Had I been a few inches forward, the tread would have taken my head off!

I'll pass an 18 wheeler on the road but I do so quickly and I NEVER ride beside a semi! Those tires are bombs!

I realize that the tire in the OP got loose from a broken axle but realistically, the tire itself is much more likely to come apart.

Flash

Knot Head as in idiot? or Knott Head as in a native of Knott Texas?

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Hold on, don't go selling that off.

Was there any police report or anything official reported? That property still belongs to the three-wheeled vehicle. Any intention of returning it? Is the guy already long gone?

My sister had her lug nuts on her truck tampered with by an ex. She lost a wheel going down the road, luckily there was no accident and the runaway tire/wheel did not cause an accident. My dad and I looked for a while to recover the tire/wheel. It's not cheap to replace those things.

Within reason, that should be returned to the owner. He also ought to see the results of his repair.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Hold on, don't go selling that off.

Was there any police report or anything official reported? That property still belongs to the three-wheeled vehicle. Any intention of returning it? Is the guy already long gone?

My sister had her lug nuts on her truck tampered with by an ex. She lost a wheel going down the road, luckily there was no accident and the runaway tire/wheel did not cause an accident. My dad and I looked for a while to recover the tire/wheel. It's not cheap to replace those things.

Within reason, that should be returned to the owner. He also ought to see the results of his repair.

honestly i hadn't even thought of returning it. the guy kept driving *shrug*

after nearly losing more than my boss's window, i'd probably shove the thing up his ass if he really wanted it back.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009

after nearly losing more than my boss's window, i'd probably shove the thing up his ass if he really wanted it back.

not really, just in the pissed off state after the adrenaline wore off.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

not really, just in the pissed off state after the adrenaline wore off.

That's understandable and exactly why that guy should be shown the results of his actions. Because no one was hurt and there was very little damage (and if no police report anyway), I doubt there is any kind of realistic action that could be taken. (The dude could use a butt kicking though). Hang on until the dust settles out and the adrenalin wears off before doing anything with that tire/wheel. It just covers your butt, just in case. If it was me, after that I'd feel comfortable that was mine to do with it what I will.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Knot Head as in idiot? or Knott Head as in a native of Knott Texas?

That lady was from Oregon and while she was fun to UMMMM............well, you know, she made Edith Bunker look like a rocket scientist.

Flash

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

He can't have gone far. That's definitely not a semi tire. He had to have stopped somewhere not too far away. Call the police and tell them what happened, they'll probably know whose tire it is.

Unless... possible this was cargo, and not on a vehicle running down the road. It might have come out of someone's truck bed.

Wullie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Cowtown, TX
    Drove trucks for 33 years and 3 million miles. Saw a LOT of stuff like that. Couple of fatalities too.

Ain't nothing to mess with, that's for damn sure.
    funny-gifs-so-tired.gif

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom