• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    c_cat=1&_nc_ohc=J9mPWzdZL7IAQnSm_DtnunqEu2XzON-0toyUbOWHdUcUrr2MsHGyOnOPg&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

.....but it is disturbing that this trash is in a whale's stomach.
    Military Camp

Attachments

• c_cat=1&_nc_ohc=J9mPWzdZL7IAQnSm_DtnunqEu2XzON-0toyUbOWHdUcUrr2MsHGyOnOPg&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg
      c_cat=1&_nc_ohc=J9mPWzdZL7IAQnSm_DtnunqEu2XzON-0toyUbOWHdUcUrr2MsHGyOnOPg&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg
      349.8 KB · Views: 464

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    View attachment 192988
    .....but it is disturbing that this trash is in a whale's stomach.

Mowhawk,

I totally get what you are saying, and I too am disgusted by the disregard we show for this blue rock we live on.

Marine animals are dying by millions due to pollution. You don’t need to be an activist to understand it’s wrong and we need to stop and clean this garbage up.

I seriously doubt the folks who are disregarding the OP’s message would want a boatload of garbage dumped on their front lawn, or in the middle of their street. Most of you probably look down at the trash on the side of our Texas roads it’s disgust. Why are the oceans any different?

https://www.google.com/search?q=pla...UCM6wKHUGSBN0Q_AUoAXoECBAQAw&biw=1112&bih=722

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Just because we joke doesn't mean you aren't free to pick up all the trash you like.

Those are mostly ropes and nets lost as a byproduct of fishing/shrimping. Not sure how you prevent nets and lines breaking except to not fish.

While America has it's litterbugs, we dump substantially less than many other nations. It's like the one guy on the block with an immaculate lawn while everyone else has knee deep grass, junk cars and old toilets in the yard.

Point I'm making is people fuss but seldom do anything beyond voice their outrage.

thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    Ate too much at the Chinese Buffet.
    Not too far off point, the vast majority of plastic in the ocean has been traced to ten rivers, nine of which are in Asia. As bad as the West is, we're doing a decent job, just need to get better.

On a side note, as a scuba diver I see the underside, it's appalling how much litter boaters and beach goers throw in our rivers, lakes, and beaches.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If activist means a responsible steward of this rather tiny planet so be it. I hope I am.

A nearby micro-win:
    A good friend has a nice summer home on the Comal River right where it dumps into the Guadalupe.

Two years ago, as for years prior, the teeming hoards of irresponsible teens and millennials totally trashed the river with cans, bottles, plastic, used condoms, Pringles cans and all sorts of trash.
    Much to the tubers' disapproval the River Authority enacted a "can-ban". Nothing disposable whatsoever is legal to possess on the river.

New Braunfels police patrol, with binoculars, in inflatable dinghys writing tickets for offenders.

Viola!!!
    Growlers of beer. Yetis of hard liquor. Tupperware with chips and sandwiches.

The river is near-pristine trash free.

The world needs to glean a success lesson from that small place as a much larger lesson!!!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom