Guns International

I am not sure what to do with this point but...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Grapevine
    So I am talking to someone who is anti-gun and he happens to say that 9mm handguns are not used in wars and they all carry the assault weapon... He also thinks that just because the guys who wrote the Constitution are dead that it can be changed.. When I brought up "Shall Not Be Infringed" and asked what it meant he changed the subject...how do you convince someone who thinks like this???
    Guns International

Last edited:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    You don't. That's not thinking. The best you can do is mitigate the damage his idiocy might do to those around you that may not know much about firearms.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Well, 9mm firearms are used in war. Ex. M9, UZI, MP5 to name a few.

Yes, the constitution(bill of rights) can be changed and there is a process to do it. If he thinks it can be pulled off, go for it.

I would also state that MLK is dead but that doesn't mean his beliefs are no longer valid, including his belief in the right to bear arms.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Side note, the first bolt actions were designed for war and became popular for hunting, as was the course for almost every type firearm in history. Bolt action rifles are still used in war. Should they be banned?

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Article 5 of the Constitution provides the process for amendments. I remind idiots all the time that if the founders were so dumb and weren't "modern" then why did they provide a means to peacefully change the Constitution itself? If they think the 2A wording is off base for modern times then round up a bunch of the states and change it.

Then I follow up with, "If you don't want to follow the law of the land when making new laws then why would you expect me to follow the laws you get passed? Why do you get to ignore the law while I follow it? Do you think you're better than me?"

Then the blatantly moronic liberals can't ever really respond but are just mad and know you're wrong "for some reason" but theyre not sure why. If they're halfway sincere and being decent I discuss it nicely, if not I try to make them look like huge honking idiots they are.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    He's pretty uninformed. 9mm Beretta's are standard Army issue. Every country has their own standard issue pistol, and for many its 9mm. The real problem is that many of these people are uninformed. They don't understand guns, and accept any of their "leaders" ideas as fact. Unfortunately, its unlikely they will accept any explanation you offer.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    i'm sure you have more normal people to talk to in your life. Why even try to deal with someone like that? Why have a conversation with a dumb rock?Just my $.02

JoeB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Grapevine
    actually he is a nice guy.. I think he is just not educated enough..... I have to work with him every day so I can't say what I really want to say... I will just have to figure out a way to educate him somehow without causing a problem....

Last edited:

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    the hard part I work with him.....

Better to work with, than have to work for......... Just ask him if he knows what a luger is, then ask what country used them. Or Uzis...

I spent little over a year working with a guy who felt there was nothing wrong with illegals working ( on most of the sites we worked on ). Frustrated the hell out of me.

Top Bottom